Liposuction Ruined my Life - Malaysia

I lacked self esteem. I was not fat, mesomorph,...

I lacked self esteem. I was not fat, mesomorph, just not skinny, not fit in Asian standards. I felt depressed and was anorexic at the time. While body thin, hip bones and everything, my still huge thighs. Not pear though.

After lipo, butt sagged. Fat redistribution. I am combating that wierd fat that blew all over me. Fat arms I never had. No more ribs from the back. Huge hole between thighs. Cry myself to sleep every night. Depression. Fat is so important as a hormone regulating thingy... Depressed, hormones went havoc. Tight weight control.. I never had tummy.. Now I have a bit... And cellulite and muscle adhesion. I really wanna cry. And the oozing scars. No more sex with lights, no more showering together.

I feel for you, you went expecting a nice result, and received something not wanted. That would make anybody not happy. We need to support you here, please keep us updated, if you try to fix or just leave it alone.
First of all, if you are anorexic there would not be any fat to redistribute. Secondly, that is not how lipo works. The fat is gone for good. Fat does not move around in the body. Only if you gained a significant amount of weight would you see fat growing somewhere. Your lipo job might be bad - but there is no way you could still draining after nine months. You would not be able to get out of bed due to anemia. Rostoria, you really need to see a therapist. It sounds like you have body dismorphia - low self body image and anorexia. The fat all over your body is something you are imaging due to your illness. Please get some help now before your anorexia illness does damage to your internal organs! And drop the boyfriend instead of the weight! You are a beautiful human being and need to learn to love yourself and if he can't love you for you - believe me, he's not worth it!
Susan7979, Fat redistribution is a rare but little known side effect of lipo. The evidence is anecdotal although I understand there have been articles published about it. I've spoken to a few of the ladies on here who are very well researched on that subject, and they have spoken very intelligently about such effects after lipo. I don't know much about it myself so can't really comment further on that topic, but I would not discount it or put it down to illness of a psychological nature. Also, while the poster is clearly depressed and could use extra support, that doesn't mean she has or had BDD. She clearly has complications as a result of her surgery and that has caused her distress. Many of the ladies on here with concerns about surgery results are normal women who wanted to look a little better and had reasonable expectations going into surgery. Many of these women, myself included, have experienced significant depression due to bad results. When push comes to shove, these things can only be fixed with a revision, and the depression is wholly down to the bad surgical result in most cases. The posters on here who get successful revisions often find that their mindset improves a great deal. Although of course the experience will continue to affect them, they find themselves able to move on. If I was this poster, I would definitely visit my GP for some advice and try to seek out a revision specialist for an opinion after a year. I can't see whether she has anorexia or not - only she can say whether she has those issues, although to my eye her leg shape looks normal for a slender girl and not unusually thin. I too have had a poor cosmetic result and have been accused of having BDD on more than one occasion, purely on account of the fact I look surgical and have scars... something that was the fault of the doctor who performed the surgery. I did not consciously state I wanted overprojected cat cheeks yet that's exactly what I got. It's not fair to blame patients' psychology for these people's mess ups as that's what doctors always do to avoid taking accountability. I can see some of the poster's concerns in that photo... I don't think her complaints can be attributed to any pre-existing dysmorphia.
Sorry if what I wrote sounded a little terse... it wasn't meant to at all. However, I do feel quite strongly about people with bad results being diagnosed with BDD due to their depression over a poor result. It is completely normal to feel extremely depressed and even suicidal when one's face or body has been damaged in some way. Many people do. Your advice about seeing a therapist was right on target, but it is important for her not to blame herself for this any more than she has already as it is ultimately up to the doctor to select suitable candidates for surgery and perform the work to standard.
Well, perhaps I didn't put myself clear enough. When I am saying fat redistribution I mean, newly gained fat is now located in odd places. Making me loss my slender physique in other places in the first place. Having too much subcutaneous fat removed, which is something so important to balance my hormones, my body is holding on and I am gaining weight. It has been over 5 kgs. In places where I don't desire. I wanted to look better. But now I look destroyed. I am stressed. I am depressed. I just want to be fine again. I want to cry. I don't want to argue. I won't know whether I am mentally sick. I only know, I am really sad.
Oh yes and thanks everyone. I m really depressed. Thanks for the care and concern. I really appreciate it
The weight gain could be caused by your depression. You really need to see a psychiatrist so he/she can evaluated you for major depressive disorder/eating disorder and perhaps medication to increase your serotonin levels. You're not getting out and socializing and you've been crying for over two weeks - these are symptoms of severe depression and if you were anorexic and now have gained too much weight - there is an eating disorder there. But this is not an issue of liposuction going wrong. This is an issue of how you perceive yourself. Not liking yourself is never a good thing. Be assured that all of here at Real Self are concerned about your emotional status but we are not a substitute for a doctor. Please see a psychiatrist as soon as possible and continue to update us as to how you are doing. We care!
Please see her reply to me - it wasn't fat distribution- it is due to weight gain. I don't believe it was a problem with the surgeon - it is a problem with her gaining weight after the lipo in the other areas as she states in her reply.
There is a problem with the surgeon. I was and am not a moron. It's uneven, it's bumpy, some are over suctioned that it attached to the muscle fascia. I misperceived that I was fat in the first place. Had unnecessary surgery. Got bad results. And here I am.
Thanks for understanding
I did not mean to attack you and I am sorry if you took my comments wrong. But you never mentioned these issues. Your comments were very difficult to read. However, I stand by what I said before - you sound extremely depressed and need some help in that area. One year is the standard before a surgeon will work on the issue and I, for one, would go to another Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. You did not state if yours was board certified or not but I just wanted to point out that it is best to do your research on a doctor. I am not trying to make you angry - again, it was very difficult to understand what you were trying to say. I wish you the best!
End of conversation
I agree with the others.  I think that focusing on your mental health at this point might be a good first priority.  If you are able to see a psychologist or psychiatrist to talk about your eating disorder (even if it is currently in remission).  A traumatic experience that brings on depression can also cause eating disorders to flare.  Your boyfriend asking you to lose weight also seems unfair and strange.  Especially given your weight.  Please talk to a therapist.  The conversations will be confidential, so that you needn't share more with family than you wish, but your feelings are real and need to be addressed.

Thank you for sharing with us.
I hv difficulty sleeping at night and sometimes hv to goto the washroom to cry during mid days or breaks cuz too depressed. But me eating less is to control my weight.. Which is so heavy in Asian standards. I also don't want it to turn into dangerous visceral fat
I agree with Bella. Sounds like you should find someone to talk to and resolve this issue. Hope you feel better.
thanks
I am sorry this has happened to you. Have you spoke to another surgeon in your area? Have you talked to anyone such a s a therapist,friends or family? I hope you can find some resolution and can come to terms with this. Best Wishes Bella
My surgeon offered revision after a year, more expensive than the first surgery. I still agreed because I was desperate. Then he insist that the surgery is successful. I haven't been talking to anyone but net friends cuz I don't want my family to be sad. My boyfriend seemed to have found out. He always asked me to reduce weight I am already eating minimal but I just can't drop the weight! I was 47 kg and now 54 on 160cm. :( thanks
That is horrible and unprofessional. I am sorry about your weight gain. Best wishes
I do wish you well. Bella