Year and a half post op full TT

I am planning to get a full tummy tuck this...

I am planning to get a full tummy tuck this thursday. I am very happy about my decision and looking forward to getting this surgery over with ! I am a 28 year old mother of one son.
I am so lucky since I work at a hospital, I am able to pay only half upfront and the rest is payroll deduction !! yay!!

I gained a lot of weight with my pregnancy and have many gross stretch marks, I am 5'8 and weigh 163. Doing this is something I have dreamed about for years. I had a breast augmentation when I was 20 and was very pleased with the result. Now having my stomach done I am looking forward to being able to wear a bikini this summer :) My only regret so far is that I did not lose more weight before, but I have been at this stable weight for several years. I have already filled my meds, rented my recliner ( its a power one) have a friend to come stay and help me for a few days, Now I just need to live with the anxiety of waiting for the days to creep by... can I just hop on the table already and get this over with ....

Monday night .... a few more days to go! I forgot...

Monday night .... a few more days to go! I forgot to include that my son was born via C section in my above post. I plan to spend tomorrow doing last minute errands as I have to work wed the day before.....Im so nervous I cannot wait to get this over with. I hope and pray its all worth it!

Today's the day ! I'm all gowned up waiting. My...

Today's the day ! I'm all gowned up waiting. My Nerves are not so bad thanks to 2 Ativan.
I'm praying everything goes well! I pill post more pics when I can !

Im home now about 7 hours post op. So far the...

Im home now about 7 hours post op. So far the pain has not been too bad . I've been taking 2 Vicodin 7.5-325 mg every 4 hrs and 1 flexeril 5 mg tab. I am thinking that maybe the local has not completely worn off yet ?
The feeling to me is that I did about 5 thousand crunches ! But so far my lower and do not hurt yet. The nurse emptied my drain before I left the hosp. And I've been home a couple hrs and it's not half full. Luckily I only ended up with one drain .
I'm sooooo grateful I rented the power recliner ! Money well spent ! I have not looked yet at the incision maybe tomorrow!

I saw my new belly button ! I didnt want k To...

I saw my new belly button ! I didnt want k
To take my binder off but I was told I needed to put neosporin on my new belly button daily.
My incision is low and covered with steri strips, get my binder back on was tough though. Even with my boyfriend helping it was hard to get it back on as tight as they had it on at the hospital. But I look way thinner already it's amazing - ill try and get some pictures tomorrow.
Hopefully I will sleep better tonight than last night . No regrets though from what I have seen so far its worth it!

Maybe shower tomorrow ? I'll see how much energy I have

I had a shower today and I feel so much better ! I...

I had a shower today and I feel so much better ! I did the yoga band trick that I heard about on here and pinned my drain to it and that helped.
I drained about 50 cc this am when I woke up and about 30 cc this afternoon.
Today is by far the most sore I have been . I am happy with what I have seen so far for results though even with all the swelling .

My drain is sore today ugh . I am crossing my...

My drain is sore today ugh . I am crossing my fingers that it will come out at my one week post op this Wednesday.
So not to be TMI but I have not had a bm since the day before my surgery. I have been taking 3 colace a day and drinking tons of fluids. And nothing.... Ugh. Any suggestions other than colace of something that i can try ? I'm swollen and do not want to add bloated on top of that.
I can't figure out how to add my new post op pictures. I will add them as soon as I can figure it out!

Today I am 6 days PO. This afternoon I am praying...

Today I am 6 days PO. This afternoon I am praying my drian will come out at my Dr. appt this afternoon.

Last night I slept in my bed YAY!!!! I was worried about rolling around and hurting myself but, I propped my self up with extra pillows, and one under my legs and I stayed put . So nice to wake up next to my honey. :)

So its been a WEEK since I have had a bm. I have been taking the 3 colace - the MOM and drinking prune juice. Im asking for a script today for the strongest laxitive there is because this is crazy!

My pain level is not bad, I had been setting my alarm to wake up in the middle of the night to take my vicodin but last night I didnt and I was able to get up out bed fine with help from my bf) I took my am dose of vicodin and I will take another dose before my appt in case they pull the drain out.

My house is driving me nuts its messy and my bf works all the time so he doesnt feel like cleaning so I am on a mission to find a cleaning lady online today.
Wish me luck !

I have no had a good look at my incision yet as its covered by steri strips, I am almost afriad to look at it - What is the best cream to put on it to minimize the scar or has anyone used the silicone strips that you put over the incision ?? thoughts??.

I spent hours last night looking at clothes and bathing suits online that I will be able to wear now- I am so pumped to go shopping !!! I would do this again in a heartbeat so far it has not been bad at all as long as you take the pain meds. Best decision ever!

Today I am one week post op and I am feeling...

Today I am one week post op and I am feeling great!!!

My post op appt went well yesterday- every thing looks good and is healing well. I had a small mystery blister below my belly button that was from wearing my compression garment without a shirt underneath and apparently my compression garment pinched me. I also had a small blister that was on my incision that was from me stretching the wrong way but that is looking better today.
Drain stayed in - I am still putting out over 30cc per day. That's stinks but 1 more week is not so bad. I found that by gently wrappy a sterile pad over it and taping it down . It moves a lot less and is hardly painful at all.

I had to break down and use a suppository last night as it had been a week since my last bm. It worked within a half hour and it wasn't that bad. I did another one today as not much came out the first time ( gross tmi sorry) and did the trick. I am going to make sure to increase my fiber intake and cont. with the colace.

I made the HUGE mistake of getting on my scale today. I have gained almost 10 POUNDS since my surgery. I almost cried considering they took out almost 3 lbs during my tummy tuck. Does anyone know if water retention happens after surgery ?? Since working out is out of the question I'm panicking :( ahhh I hate scales !!!!

Today I broke out in the grossest rash ever ! All...

Today I broke out in the grossest rash ever ! All over my things ,legs and arms. I have finished my antibiotics and have not used new soaps or detergents to I am not sure where it came from. Even 2 benadryl didn't help just made me more tired.
I'm felling so fat and gross and bloated today and I'm sick of not being able to drive and not being able to wear what I want. I'm sad that I am not able to play much with my son too. He keeps asking when will my tummy feel better :(
Im not in a lot of pain just sore and getting worn out super easy. I wish I could fast forward through the next few months. I'm such a active person all this sitting around is making me depressed , thank god for Celexa lol.

Had my 2 week follow up today. My ps says things...

Had my 2 week follow up today. My ps says things are looking really good. I am still draining out at least 30cc of fluid every 24 hours so my drain must stay in another week. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. So now I need to find a Halloween costume to hide my drain in. I am so grateful overall I am no longer taking any Vicodin only ibuprofen as needed. I have been taking a muscle relaxant and a Ativan before bed. I am back in my bed with a pillow under my knees and 2 pillows under my shoulders and head. I'm not too sore. I am standing up straight too. Going back to work nov 1 so I plan on enjoying the rest of my time off. My only regret so far is going to a ps that would not do liposuction with the tummy tuck, he said it was because the risk of blood flow and tissue would die blah blah blah ..... I think that perhaps he does not have the skill set to do it. I think liposuction with the tummy tuck would have made the most dramatic result. Oh well ......

I am 3.5 months out now and feeling really good...

I am 3.5 months out now and feeling really good and happy that I went through with my full TT. Now I need to get my butt in gear and start working out- I was cleared to go to the gym weeks ago but Ive been feeling lazy and this cold weather doesn't help my motivation. I'm thinking maybe Ill see results sooner now that my fat roll is gone :) I would do it again in a heart beat- I do wish that I could have had liposuction with my tummy tuck for more of a dramatic change but my PS would not do it - said that it shouldn't be done due to blood clot issues...which I think is total BS since many ladies on here have had the full TT and lipo- so now I start saving for my lipo :) The only think im not thrilled with is my scar, I think I will be limited to bathing suit bottoms I can wear , but I would rather have that scar that my giant fat stomach so I would still do it again !!!!

Lipo consult 3/5

I have been wanting lipo since I had my tummy tuck and I can't wait to have my consult! I'm wanting flanks and upper abdomen !

A year and a half post op

Oct 2014 will be post op 2 yrs for me!! I am happy that my loose skin is gone , but unhappy with how high my scar is . I also am unhappy with the center part
If my scar , it seems to indent
In the middle and creates a slight
Bludge, I'm thinking about seeing if I can get that fixed maybe next year.
am getting lipo next week on my flank and upper abdomen area and around my bra strap and I think that will really improve my contour!! Praying it makes me look bikini worthy this summer !
St. Paul Plastic Surgeon

I went back in a year later for a lipo revision. I'm really glad I did it. I hope it all goes well for you!! Do you have any recent pictures to share?
you should add new pics and update your status! at first i thought you still had drains! haha! yea, the weather is making me lazy too!!
We are/were the same height and weight and your results are making me feel a thousand times better my surgery in two weeks!
Oh girl I sympathize, I broke out in a full body rash on POD7. It took about 4 days for it to totally go away. I was taking 50 mg of Benadryl every 6 hours and using hydrocortisone cream when the itching was unbearable. I think mine was from either my antibiotics or the antibacterial soap I bought. Either way it should start clearing up soon. We all have those days when we feel bummed out, it is hard just sitting around all day. We paid a lot of money to look fabulous and here we are wearing sweats and looking like poo every day. But just know that this is all temporary and in no time we will be back out there but we'll be looking hot and sexy and wearing clothes with confidence. We just have to be patient and know that our day is coming soon. Cheer up buttercup!
Hey Katie! Sorry you are feeling down today I know the feeling! But you are not gross or fat in fact you are very much the opposite! You look GREAT! And it will get better! So just remember that everytime you think you look fat someone else thinks you are beautiful and right now that someone is me! Now as far as the rash it could be a side effect from the meds, google your meds and you may find out what the culprit is! Now just take it easy and I bet you will feel stronger tomorrow than you did today, and then you will feel stronger on Monday than you did on Sunday and so on and so on. But you will get through this stage and you will look back a few weeks from now and say "where did the time go" and "who is that hot chick in the mirror"! :)
i got.on the scale a few.days ago and was up 7 lbs. then today magically I'm down 8. i think its.definitely a good thing to stay away from the scales for a bit!!
I have heard surgeons say don't even THINK about getting on the scales for six to eight weeks! I am 8 weeks post op and I'm still afraid to go near them! You are full of fluid and it seems to get worse around the third week. Just heal and try not to worry about the scale for a while. Good luck!
Thanks I was hoping that was the case. I usually never weigh myself I just go by how my clothing fits - I don't know what I was thinking weighing myself today , just curious I guess. I seriously think I may throw my scale in the trash lol
The swelling has to account for some of the weight you see on the scale - just as a guess (I haven't had my surgery yet). Keep off the scale and keep doing what you can to help the swelling and you should probably be fine :) Congrats on making it to the flat side!
what works for me all the time is mix 1/2 cup orange juice with 1/2 cup milk. it doesn't taste bad at all and it works great. good luck
I'm sorry to hear that you still haven't had a BM. After my sinus surgery I didn't have a BM for 7 days too, I took MOM and an ex lax pill and finally went. It feels crazy to be eating for 7 days and nothing is coming out. I hope you go soon. Happy to hear that you were able to sleep in your bed, it's nice getting back to some normalcy. I hope you get your drain out!! I got mine out yesterday :)
I am 6 months post TT and the only thing I have ever used on my scar is paper tape. The crazy thing is I am still using it! My PS said to so I am. It's free, since they give it to me, and it stays on for at least a week before I change it, and I think my scar looks good. The ends are already turning white and it never raised :)
Have you tried an enema? I used one after both of my surgeries.
Put some post op pics up -yay! I am frustrated with how bloated and swollen I am but I know that will go down and I will be pleased with the result. My incision is a bit higher than I thought It would be , but I also cannot stand up straight yet so maybe thats why it looks higher. I noticed that my vagina is totally bruised on one side...random! Did anyone else experience this? I mean its black and blue bad ! Ouch! I took a shower by my self today- I was pretty tired after but it felt good. Ive been having pain along my incision line now and again- my incision feels like its tearing-its not bleeding or anything just hurt bad if I move the wrong way. Bordem is setting in, I have not left the house since thursday and its been rainy and cold out so sitting outside is out of the question. But I am hoping since I have been taking it so easy recovery will be faster. I try to get up every couple hrs and walk around my house to keep my blood circulating. I am going to try MOM tonight - Im afraid to eat anything else till something comes out if you know what I mean. Till next time :)
Your new body looks incredible!! I hope you are happy despite the swelling. I sympathize with you on the boredom, today is day 11 of doing NOTHING! I don't know how much longer I can last. I still have 1 drain so I am not supposed to be doing much to avoid developing a seroma. Are you numb along the incision or on the tummy anywhere? I didn't have bruising on my lady parts but I did have bleeding in the tissues between my upper thighs/groin area. Don't worry, the bruising will fade in a couple weeks. I hope you have a BM soon, it's frustrating that we have little control on the matter.
Walking is a way to stimulate the bowels to wake up. I didn't have a BM for 5 days post op, so I was a bit aggressive but this is what I did, 1 colace, 2 Senna, 4 tbsp MOM, a glycerin suppository, an ex-lax tab, a glass of apple cider and 3 tbsp of olive oil in my protein shake, oh and my usual coffee. Like I said...that was A LOT to take...but it worked. And surprisingly I didn't get diarrhea. I still have 1 drain and I am POD 10. The drain is in my left groin and that is the side that is still numb so I don't feel it at all. I guess that is the one good thing about this numbness. I hope your bowels get moving soon, you'll feel a lot better once you have that first BM.
I for one am not a big fan of Milk of Magnesia it induces diarrhea (sorry for the TMI) which wipes your body of electrolytes that you need. Bottom line it can cause dehydration. I never used it, only the colace which will eventually kick in. Colace is a softner not a inducer so you will have to wait it out. But I hear positive things about prune juice!
I have heard others speak of drinking 2 glasses of prune juice a day. And also milk of magnesia. I can;t speak from experience of either one but good luck.
Welcome to the flatlands my love! Now relax and try to remain as comfy as possible! I look forward to seeing your post opt pics! :)
Congrats!!!
I'm glad to hear that you are home safe and sound and that you're not in too much pain. Stay on top of your pain meds but don't forget to take a stool softener with them. Best wishes!
Good luck!
Good luck today!
Hi Katie! I just had my TT and BA 6 days ago. I was super anxious to get it done, waiting was awful. I also would say that it was not as painful as I was expecting. If anything the boobs have caused me more pain than the tummy. But my tummy is still pretty numb. One thing I would highly recommend is to have the toilet seat raiser. That by far is the best thing I have during recovery. I can't even imagine the first few days trying to sit down on a normal seat. You can pop over to my profile and read my story if you'd like. I wish you all the best, you are going to love your new body!!
Thanks for that tip ! I will send my boyfriend out on a mission to find one :)