4 Weeks out - Maine

After losing 175 pounds (on my own-no weight loss...

After losing 175 pounds (on my own-no weight loss surgery) I was left with tons of sagging skin on stomach and legs. After months of agonizing over whether or not I was "just being vain"-I saved my pennies and had a full lower body lift done 4 weeks ago. It is called an "Inverted T circumferential body lift"--basically tummy tuck with butt and waist being lifted up too. I did spend one night in the hospital (I highly recommend it)-the first time I tried to get out of bed I thought I would die! But, honestly, even by the 2nd try just hours later it was a bit better. 4 JP drains in-I got the first 2 out after one week, the second 2 after 2 weeks. SO far, no serums. No pain meds needed since second night home (I hate pain meds anyway!) MD had warned me about constipation-and he was right!! No problems with that either after the first week. No regrets for me---I am scared that I might not heal "right"-still have swelling. For me, the swelling has moved to both thighs-they look like well filled water balloons at this point.

My MD says to use vaseline on scars, that it works just as well as Mederma-has anyone else heard this? Also, recommends against Vit E as it can cause problems.

Even with swelling, and scars being quite red, I am so happy I did this. It sure is good to see things should only get better and better from this forum!!