Juvaderm - Can the Bruising Be Covered with Make-up? - Madrid, Spain

Ok so I am getting Juvaderm injections for the...

Ok so I am getting Juvaderm injections for the first time this coming Thursday at 5pm. I have been reading a lot of posts about how bad the bruising is and I am wondering if it's possible to cover it with make-up? And if people noticed the bruising? I tutor English so obviously my students can see me up close....I'm worried they will think I've been in some kind of accident!

My bruising was bad and I knew it would be because I bruise easy! Makeup did not work! It was worth it, though!
To be honest, I had 1/4 of a syringe injected between my eyes. I had/ have a large goose egg and bruise. Everyone has asked me what the heck happened to me! However, I had 1/2 syringe injected into my lower lip....amazing! No bruise, no soreness! Nothing but a super adorable pouty cute lower lip. As for the future, I will save my forehead for Botox. And continue Forever to use juvederm for my lips!
I have it done about once a year. I do have some bruising and quite a bit of swelling. Once the swelling was so bad the next day I had to call in sick to work. I looked freakish. I've noticed if I put ice on it right afterwards and keep doing it on and off for the next several hours, then it reduces the swelling. However, because I'm never sure I try to get it done on a Friday so I have a few days to recover. The kind I get has Lydocaine in it to reduce the pain as it's applied. I've wondered if it's the Lydocaine that is causing the swelling. I'm not sure.
I forgot to mention that I didn't have Juvederm put into my lips. I had it in the lines between my nose and mouth.
I had mine done yesterday and have a dime size black bruise today. It's not on my lips, but right beside them on my face. Sometimes I bruise and sometimes I don't when I get this done. I ice for about five minutes before the injections. The first time I had it done I was so distressed because of the bruises and the typical duck look at the beginning. It all goes away and is beautiful -- but it can take up to a week. I'm surprised by how much people say they have injected into their lips. Anything over 1cc would be way too much for me. Less is more. I like a natural looking result.
Thanks so much for your comment...I feel a bit like a duck this morning...I'm worried there is too much in my upper lip...Hopefully it's just swelling and it all goes down!
It's just swelling and when it goes to normal in about 1 1/2 week , you will wish it was still swollen....lol :)

It's not the bruising I'd worry about! It's being swollen and puffy! I had it done on Tuesday afternoon and I looked like a duck! The good news is that right now, the puffiness is just starting to dissipate. You have a beautiful smile! There is NO WAY I would mess with it! I regret doing Juvederm as I had a beautiful smile as well and now I look a bit distorted. Please keep me posted...

I can understand why you would feel worried. It seems like a lot of the swelling and bruising is dependent on both the individual and the injector, so its really tough to say how much of either you might see.

Here is a review that talks specifically about bruising and Juvederm in the lips:

A Little Bruising is Worth the Long-lasting Results

This Q&A might help too:

Will Lips Bruise After Juvederm Injection?

This one might be even more helpful:

How Can I Prevent Bruising from Restylane or Juvederm?

I'll be hoping your appointment goes great tomorrow. Please let us know how it goes and how you are doing afterwards!