I Want This Blue Fish Removed from my Ankle

I have wanted to remove this tattoo from my ankle...

I have wanted to remove this tattoo from my ankle for a while now.  I am just beginning my research and would like to try the new PicoSure laser.

I am now searching for a doctor in my area that is trained using this laser.  Since this is a newly approved process there are not a lot of doctors available.

I will update as I have more information and details on the procedure itself.  My only hope is that the removal is not as painful as getting the tattoo.

im also interested in tattoo removal.
Have you seen any doctors for consults?
no I haven't, been busy with the tummy tuck and lipo. maybe next year I'll look into it
One thing at a time:)
Please do keep is posted I'm looking to have a few removed as well
I sure will:)
Have you found one yet kimmers? There is finally one near me, about an hour from my house. Just trying to decide if it's worth the drive !

No not yet:(   I will keep searching and hope to find one soon.  I tried to talk my doctor into getting educated on this and buying the machine..LOL

Well if its any help, the office that got one an hour from me I think JUST got it this month. And they are the only one around here. So hopefully something pops up soon for you !

I am hoping:)

The blue part of my tattoo was gone after 1 treatment with PicoSure (you can see my recent post with photos). Amazing!

I just now looked and it does look great!

It seems to me that the difference between current and widely accepted technology and this system is the claim that this will eradicate a tattoo faster than the current technology. Your body still has to process the shattered ink no matter what.
I also have a blue tattoo on my ankle - I am going to see a doctor at the beginning of June about the Picosure treatment... did you end up getting yours lasered off? Mine is similar colors to yours.
Not yet but as soon as I find a doctor in my area or close I am definitely going to try this. Let me know how your appointment goes in June:) I am so anxious to get this done.
Your blue ankle tattoo should respond very well to the PicoSure laser. We have treated multiple blue pigmented tattoos with very good results in my Austin practice. The PicoSure Laser is better at removing blue ink because it uses photo-mechanical principles as opposed to relying on photo-thermal action alone. Older lasers simply heat up the target area to break up the tattoo ink but the pico-second technology takes advantage of photo-mechanical impact/stress to shatter ink into the smallest of particles. This results in lower energy requirements for removal, less collateral damage, better clearance and fewer treatments.

Thank you Dr. Hall for the feedback.  I am hoping this is the answer for me:)  Since this is such a new treatment I am struggling to find a doctor near my home.

On average, how many treatments do people generally require to remove the tattoo?

I am happy to help answer your questions. There are only 15 PicoSure devices in the world, so access to the technology at this point can require some travel. The number of treatments varies by patient due to a variety of factors. Patient skin type, tattoo size, depth and coloration, plus the type of ink used must all be considered. Most tattoos will generally be cleared in less than 6 treatments. It is important for patients to adhere to the treatment schedule and follow the pre and post treatment instructions for optimum benefit.

Thank you for the response.

Dr Hall, I have a consultation for tattoo removal using the Picosure laser. It has literally just became available in the UK. I have a large (12') half sleeve with areas of red, green and black. Is it true I am better off with standard YAG lasers for the Red? If this is the case would it be reasonable (or advisable) of me ask only to have them treat the green and black areas with the Picosure? I have an open question in the tattoo removal thread if you wish to see the pictures of the tattoo I am hoping to have treated. Many thanks
hi could you please tell me where in the uk this is available please email me guernseybornandbred@gmail.com
While some existing lasers do have a greater affinity for red ink, you may want to have your entire tattoo treated with the PicoSure. There are literally hundreds of known ink combinations and each may respond differently based on type of dyes, depth of placement, skin type and other factors. If you have residual red ink, that has not responded after the rest of your tattoo is cleared, you may want to evaluate another choice at that time.
Kimmers..... I hope this works too as I have had two treatments many years ago with Ruby and Yag laser and it was SOOOOO PAINFUL (much worse than having it done and I have high pain tolerance!!) that I haven't ever been back for further treatment. Tattoo only faded a bit after that, Also the treatment was v. expensive and would take some considerable time. My tramp stamp is the size of an average woman's hand and blue/ green colours on on my hip/ side area. My Plastic Surgeon is trialling a new procedure and I am hoping its this new laser as he has put me up for the trial in his practice (Australia). Have heard that its fairly painful too :-( but hopefully so much quicker to remove. Fingers crossed this new laser is the bomb !! Good luck.

Yikes the thought of the pain bothers me!!!

Yes let me know if this is the new procedure your doctor is trying out.  I really want to try this and have hopes it works well.  Even if it does hurt!!

The blues and greens are the toughest to fade and remove but I have hope here:)

Let me know what you find out from your doctor.

HI tracey, I'm in Sydney too and am keen to try this picosure laser. would you mind telling me where is your plastic surgeon located? I have had my half-sleeve treated 3 times with YAG laser and it hurts really bad that its like a nightmare to go back every 3 months and the fading isnt that satisfactory. Thank you so much.