Great First Jevederm Experience So Far! - Madison, WI

After having a couple of successful forehead Botox...

After having a couple of successful forehead Botox treatments, I decided to take the plunge and try Juvederm in my nasolabial folds. I have to admit, after reading the reviews I was a bit scared that I was going to have some awful bruising (I bruise super easy), pain or just look funny. I really trusted my doctor though so I decided to go for it. She recommended that I start taking Arnica the day before to prevent/minimize bruising which I did.

When I arrived the doctor applied a numbing cream around my mouth and let it sit for maybe 10 - 15 minutes. Then she cleaned the area and did the injections to each side from next to my nose down to the sides of my mouth, maybe about 6 or so on each side. To my extreme surprise I could not feel a thing! That cream works magic. Another nice surprise is that I am 3 days out now and do not have even a hint of a bruise, nothing! Not sure if it was the Arnica, her technique or pure luck, maybe a combo. The areas look great, the treatment took years off and does not look strange at all. Very glad I did it and can't wait to see how things look over time.

How awesome that it turned out so great for you! Can you feel the filler in the areas it was placed in at all, or does it pretty much feel like it did before?

If I rub my finger over the areas it was injected I can tell it's there, but nothing too dramatic. It's not very hard, I didn't need too much. Without touching the areas I don't notice it's there, skin doesn't feel tight. A week out, still loving it. A friend of mine commented how very natural the result is, the physician did a great job! Truly took 10 years off :)

Wow, 10 years is a lot to take off - that is great!! Even better that you didn't need much to achieve that. :)

Madison Oculoplastic Surgeon