Should I Do This? -MA

Growing up I was always teased for having a "big...

Growing up I was always teased for having a "big italian nose". I used to just shrug it off but for awhile now i've been really obsessing over it. All of my friends say it's not big but i know they are just saying that. I'm super self conscience, I always have to make sure i'm at the right angle for pictures and so on. Every time I look in the mirror I have to look at it. I'm constantly taking pictures of it to see how big it looks. I have such small features and a big nose, I don't think it really fits me. But then i'm scared that if i change my nose then I won't look like me anymore. I don't want a button nose, I just want it to look more feminine and flattering. HELP!

I honestly think you are a beautiful girl and you have a nice nose, it doesn't look huge and though it's not tiny it fits your face. I think if you do decide to have rhinoplasty I would really have minimal work done as it could potentially take away that classy look if you had it changed to much!
Thank you so much! If I do decide to get rhino I think I would only want to make the bridge more graceful because right now I feel it looks very masculine, especially when I smile.

I'm so glad you started your story on RealSelf! The most important consideration, if you decide to do this, is the surgeon you choose.

Here's a list of questions to ask prospective doctors.

Please keep us posted!

I don't think your nose is bad at all! But if you get a rhino I would just do very little to it. Good luck and make sure you research research research!
Thank you!!
As far as I'm concerned, your nose looks fine. It's not overly-large, nor is the shape anything to worry about, and having a prominent nose is generally an attractive feature. In fact, the shape and proportion of your nose is very similar to those often found in Classical and Renaissance sculpture and art, as it was seen as a sign of beauty. The Romans themselves referred to that nose type as 'Aquilinus' (meaning 'Eagle-like', since it resembles the shape of an eagle's beak) and it was viewed as a sign of beauty, nobility, wit and decisiveness. So you're free to get a nose job if you wish but, frankly, I wouldn't rush into it. You may find that if you give it some time you'll stop obsessing over it and realise that it isn't as bad as you thought.
Yeah a lot of people tell me that I have a "European nose". But thank you!
Hi there I just had mine done 6 weeks ago and I cannot say how happy I am! But in saying that I know everyone's experience is different. I told my doctor a million times I don't want a perfect little nose I'm Italian too so I know how you feel lol but if you choose the right surgeon and tell him exactly what you want you should be fine.. Just know at first it's going to be very swollen, mine still is! You have to wait til you see the true results.. But in my opinion you only live once so if something's bothering you to the point you think bout it everyday then fix it :)