Having Rhinoplasty Today - Lutherville, MD

So im having rhinoplasty today. I am so nervous...

So im having rhinoplasty today. I am so nervous and scared, I don't know what to do with myself.

I found realself when I was interested in getting a bbl. I am still considering a bbl but im not ready to commit to having it done just yet.

I have hated my nose for as long as I can remember. Thanks to constant teasing as a kid it is a big insecurity for me. I have always been afraid of rhinoplasty because there are so many horror stories out there about it. I am hoping my new nose isn't one of them!

My nose is to big for my face. I have some functional issues as well; a deviated septum and enlarged turbinates. I don't remember what it feels like to breath freely through my nose. Hopefully I will be breathing well after this.

My surgery is later this morning and my stomach is full of butterflies! I'm praying I make it through and come out with something I love.

omg.....

Going through a range of emotions right now! Mostly negative. I don't think I like it. Omg....

all taped up

....

pics

regrets

I'm 3 days post OP. I feel like it looks very unnatural. I have read some reviews with people complaining about looking piggish. I don't think I have that issue. I think mine is just very unnatural and over done. Advice please!

liking my new nose

So far I like my nose. I still have swelling that fluctuates daily. Some days my nose is very uncomfortable; stuffy,dry,congested. I have no pain, just these discomforts. I can smile regularly now. Some people have said I look different, like I lost weight or something. In the initial days it was very hard to look at because it was very noticably crooked. That issue has resolved itself. I aldo had an issue with the shape of my nostrils, they looked unnatural to me. But they have a much better shape now.

Overall, I am happy with my nose. If I could do it again I would NOT! Although I am happy with my results I think I should have just made peace with my old nose. I had negative feelings about my looks for a long time and that's why I had the surgery. At this point I dont care what anyone says about my looks. My old nose didn't stop me from doing things, my new nose won't change anything for me either.

comparison photo

Here's a comparison photo.

....

Lutherville Plastic Surgeon

the nose looks good. i think dr basner might be better than dr boahene, from the reviews and pictures i've seen on real self.
thanks soo much for the review, i'm thoroughly considering dr basner for my rhinoplasty....
Looking fabulous! I think your final result will be awesome! Thank you for the nostril shot…I'm semi-obsessed with seeing people's "after" nostrils. I'm pretty sure I need some form of counseling for that. Lol. How are you feeling these days?
I totally understand the nostril thing. I never even cared about them until after my sx.
Thank you for your review. I went to the same doctor and was happy with my nose too :) I think you look great!
Ty
This doctor appears to do lovely work :)
Your nose looks good. Do you have any clearer after photos?
Photos coming soon....
Wow! From the last pic I can tell ur surgeon did an amazing job.
Ty
Thanks for the new photo! Your nose is looking really good in these early stages. Can't wait to see how things turn out in a couple of months. I'm sure it will just keep getting better.
When you get a chance, would you mind doing a nostril shot of your "after" nose? I'm curious to see the changes. Thanks!
Nostril pic posted
Hi your nose looks great.
Ty
I agree with zooster. Your new nose looks very nice. It is hard to see your nostrils in your recent photo but I can guess they are not as wide as your before nose was. It will keep changing as time goes on & you will get used to your nose. You wanted to do this for a reason. Maybellineo
I do like it. I know it will continue to change, hopefully the better! Thanks
Honestly I think your new nose looks much better than your old one. It will get even smaller and more refined with time. Remember it just take longer for people with thick skin. I'm 5 weeks post with medium skin thickness and I can tell my nose is still very swollen. Hang in there!
Ty
Thank you for the update! And thanks for the new pic. I think your new nose is looking really good these days. Remember, you are in the early phases of recovery. I know "give it time" is hard to hear, but be patient! Please keep us updated.
You know what, it sounds to me like you may possibly be experiencing some pot-op depression (which is normal). I have read that it's something to be prepared for. A little bit of the blues. But you know what, you're over and done with your surgery so congrats! you WILL be glad you did it in weeks to come as your dream nose comes true and refines to prettier and prettier. I for one, can vouch that it's hard nay nearly impossible to "make peace with" the hated nose. I have tried that but inevitably, it pops back up again in the mirror looking all fugly. so, congrats to you!
*post - op
Ty
Hello! I've been following your story (and I am considering Dr. Basner). Please update us and post new pics! (Pretty please) :-)