Ready to Be Rid of my Front Butt - Lubbock, TX

I am 14 days pre-surgery and so ready for this...

I am 14 days pre-surgery and so ready for this procedure. My babies were born by a vertical C-section. I have waited far longer than I wanted based on other's opinions. No more. It is my time. My doctor assures me that most if not all of my original scar will be gone. At this point I am not nervous at all. Pre-op labs on Monday.

Twelve days to go!

I am 55 years old, mother of two, grandmother of four. Still love to love my hubby and we still have so much fun. Planning on this little scheduled maintenance to make me feel sexy again.

Friends?

Oh, and had a good friend try to talk me out of it last night. Don't feel me backing out. Sorry.

Pre-op test done!

Had all the pre-op test done yesterday. Ug, before pictures. That was fabulous. All tests good, everything on track, just ready for the day. My PS's staff members are incredibly sweet. Doc thinks most of my scar will be gone. If any is left it will probably be less than an inch. Wow, after 33 years of a 5-6 inch scar I won't know how to act. My husband is supportive, but I can tell he is a little worried. Ready to be on the other side of this. Thanks for all the kindness and support. It really does help keep me focused.

Drugs are our friend.

Also, filled my prescriptions today. One more step completed.

Six days to go!

I am six days out. Trying to get everything in order for my recovery and Christmas. Crazy to do it this time of year but I wanted results by the summer. A few more presents to wrap and I will be done.

Five days to go.

Working on Monday then off to Lubbock on Tuesday. Surgery is Wednesday 12/18. I think I have purchased enough comfort food and supplies so that hubby doesn't have to do too much. I am going to spend the weekend getting my house ready. Just a few more days until I get to tell my second butt goodbye. It will NOT be missed.

Two days pre-op.

Think I am ready,...groceries and meds purchased, Christmas gifts all wrapped. Just ready for Santa to get me over to the flat side.

Sleep. Ha,

Sleeping the night before.....easier said than done. Post again on the flat side. Prayers.

Evening of surgery

Actually not hurting much at all. In and out sleep. Drain tubes are a bother. My fabulous doc and staff sent flowers.

1st day post-op

Little more difficult today. Three hour drive home was not fun. My feet are swollen and I'm in more pain. Getting around pretty good though. These drains are a pain in the >,>€

I've got this.

Got up and made myself a scrambled egg this morning so I could take the lovely meds. Shower last night was a struggle. Feel much better today,

3 days post op

Feeling a little stronger every day. I will be extremely glad when the drain tubes are gone. I have been able to sleep in my bed with lots of pillows every night. Days are spent in the recliner. I have seen every Christmas movie made LOL. Thank you my sisters for all your support.

DAY 3 PICS

Day 4 post

Maybe too much yesterday? My lower back hurts. I slept in the recliner for the first time last night. Also the entrance site for the left drain tube is irritated and stings when I move. I've taped it down with a roll of gauze over it. Hoping that will help. I don't see my PS until the 27th. Seems like an eternity away right now. Thanks for all the support. It helps immensely.

More pics

Four days later. Still lots of swelling and bruising. Taking the compression garment off feels like my guts are going to fall out. And, yes, the ever so lovely drain tubes.

5 days post

Trying to get off the pain meds. Last one at 3,00 am today. Extra strength Tylenol is working pretty good. Walking straight, all bodily functions on track, ready to go dancing...... Yeah, right.

Christmas Eve

Well, got a week under my belt. Trying to decide what to wear to my daughter's house for our annual Christmas Eve dinner and one gift opening (always Christmas jammies purchased with much love from my husband and I). Goofy tradition, but we love it. I wish all my supportive sisters on this site a blessed Christmas and a bountiful New Year. May I just add, if you are considering this procedure you just have to get past the cost. I wish I had done this years ago. Yes, my husband has told me for years those famous words "you don't need it". I opted to drive my vehicle one more year to pacify him. This was probably the most selfish thing I have ever done, but I know this summer when I am sitting on our boat beside my two beautiful daughters I will not be grabbing a towel to cover up the big bulge under my swimsuit. Bless you all for your kind words and support. It has been instrumental in my decision to do this and my recovery.

26th

Survived Christmas. My sweet daughters hosted this year for me. It was a big day and I was exhausted last night. Slept crazy good though. I think my drains will come out tomorrow????. Kind of dreading the 3 hour drive. Both of my daughters are taking me so that should help make it more enjoyable. Feeling rested this morning. My list of essentials: 1) recliner; 2) medical tape; 3) alcohol; 4) gauze and gauze pads; 5) granny panties about 2 sizes bigger than you normally wear; 6) bottled water, juice, yogurt. Jello cups, 7) if you like it .,,chicken broth (I lived on it for the first few days); 8) crackers or something dry and salty; 9) peroxide (your tubes will leak on your fabulous granny panties and this helps get the blood out); 10) pillows (I used 4 and if you are traveling to and from surgery city, take all 4 and a light throw); 11) extra strength Tylenol for after the pain meds; 12) stool softener and milk of magnesia. If I think of anything more I will include in next post.

Yay!

Tubes out. Feel like a new woman.

10 days post

My 6 hr round trip yesterday drained me. I've been tired today and haven't accomplished much. With the return of feeling to my tummy so has come the irritating it itchiness of the compression garment. I have started wearing a cotton cami under the garment and it helps tremendously. So, another "must have" added to the list. I am not really hurting much now, but do get wiped out quickly. I hope my posts don't seem "doom and gloom" because I wouldn't want to scare anyone considering this surgery. It's not a breeze, but it is not that bad,

Day 11 post.

Thinking I will be able to drive myself to my nail appointment tomorrow. I'm off of pain meds and only using Extra Strength Tylenol for pain. Has anyone else experienced restless legs at night? I don't know if it is inactivity or a side effect, but it drives me crazy trying to go to sleep at night,

12 days -post

Today's pictures. Still a lot of swelling, but starting to see some shape.

12 days

12 days

19 Days on the flat side

Started back to work this morning. We will see how that effects the swelling. At my two week check up on January 2 my P.S. said that the swelling is to be expected and should be better in a couple of weeks. He gave me permission to leave my compression garment off at night. I find I am good with that for about 3-4 hours and then I am grabbing that garment and putting it back on. Good news, my favorite jeans no longer fit. I can pull them down without unbuttoning them. :-)

26 days post

I may be just a tad over zealous but yesterday I ordered a two piece swimsuit. Nothing daring, pretty boring actually, but a two piece. It may not make the cut, but how exciting to even consider it after 33 years. My husband has booked a trip to the Caribbean for this summer to celebrate our 32 anniversary and my new flatness. Loving it. My advice, do not wait as long as I did. If you can swing it, DO IT! I still have a good bit of swelling by late afternoon, but I can tell it is getting to be less and less every day. Have an appointment on Thursday with my great P.S.

Last year's swimsuit, this year's body

One month out.

Had my one month appointment with my PS on the 16th. Got good marks for everything. I can now lose the compression garment. He suggested spanks if I felt like I needed the support. Thank goodness because that garment was getting pretty ratty and I didn't really want to invest in a new one. I have to wait two more weeks to start exercising. I cannot do anything that involves stress on my core for another two weeks. (Darn because I sure am missing that vacuuming. LOL) It's a little odd because I used to dread any form of exercise. I would do it, but I didn't want to. My new tummy has given me an incentive to get fit. I'm ready to see what I can do with these new tummy muscles.

P.S.

New two piece swimsuit is a keeper. Yay!

Treadmill here I come!

It's been nearly 7 weeks since my TT. This is the day I'm getting back on my treadmill. Wish me luck!

Treadmill

Treadmill wasn't too bad. I didn't try my normal pace, but managed a mile. Wow, you can sure feel the improved muscles. That's a great thing to feel again. Hasn't been that way since pre-baby days. For all my fellow TT women, YAY US! Wish I had done this years ago.

8 week post

Tomorrow will be 8 weeks post. I see my PS on Monday for the after pictures. And, the best thing ever.....my daughter is going with me for a TT consultation.

Nine weeks

Had my after pics taken yesterday. My surgeon gave me an A++ and said I was his star patient. Yay! Asked if he could use my before/after photos to show his patients what they could expect. My beautiful daughter booked her TT surgery for late March. I am proud for her and will absolutely take the opportunity to keep my grandbabies. Hang in their my fellow TT girls. I feel great!

Latest Pics

Here is my latest comparison pictures. There is still a good bit of swelling along my incision.
Last day of my c-section scar.

Eric Minns, MD, PA.......super

You should feel great because you look great!!!
Thank you. I will never regret my decision.
You look great!! Our recovery was very similar after surgery. I slept at night in bed with a wedge and pillows and spent my days in the recliner. Although I was lucky and only had to deal with one drain. My came out at the hip. I couldn't imagine having them in my mons pubis area. I'm excited for your daughter. Mine is pregnant with our second grandchild and wants to have a breast reduction after she is done nursing. Both my mom and I have had reductions and TT done. I started the whole process and she jumped on the band wagon. Happy Healing:)
Hot mamma! Love that swimsuit pic! Happy healing to you! :-)
Wow speaks volumes about your results that he wants to use you as an example. Well done
Congrats...WOW time has gone by fast. I am 3 weeks PO, seems hard to believe. Glad you're doing so well, and how cool for your daughter! You'll be "Flatsy Twins". Best wishes for continued good recovery and for your daughters upcoming surgery.
8 weeks already wow. Fantastic!
Enjoyed reading your post. I am 50 and got my tt done 8 days ago. I agree with you. I wish I had done this years ago. Can't wait to get on that treadmill and get moving but I am trying to be patient. You are an inspiration.
Thanks! This site was so helpful with preparing me for the surgery and then for encouragement after. My PS wouldn't let me do anything until 6 weeks post. I tried a sit up yesterday.....thinking I will wait until I see him again on the 17th to try that again. Was not pleasant. Right now it is just so important to let your body heal. The other stuff can wait. Keep me informed of your progress.
You go girl!
Oh how nice, switching to Spanx like garment. Gotta be more comfy and flexible. Looking awesome lady! And yup, I'm only 6 days away. Nervous and excited. Would LOVE to fast forward to at least one week PO, lol. Continued great healing, you're beautiful ;-)
Only four days to go. Time to review all your supplies. Excited for you!
Just did. Went to the store this morning and got the last few little things. Am finishing up my extra cooking today and tomorrow. Freezer will be stocked with lots if homemade, organic meals for me n hubby. Thanks for checking on me.
You look fabulous!!!! The TT scar is awesome! you look amazing with the bathing suit!
Thats totally fantastic!
OUTSTANDING pic! You gotta be thrilled.
Thank you. I'm pretty excited. My PS says six months until the true results. I'm almost one month past my surgery.
32 to years! What a beautiful legacy. Yes, if we had known and had the cash, most def, would have done it sooner! You look great, can't wait to check out the bikini ;)
Oh how cool. I just got back from my pre-op, two weeks from today I join your world, "flat tummy ville", lol. Of course we are very different shape-wise, but age-wise we are pretty close (I'm 51). I think you're right, why wait? I'm ready and excited.
Wow im sooo jealous... Good on you!
That is awesome news about your favorite jeans! How many pounds and inches have you lost? Hope your first day back at work goes well! I wonder if it will help with swelling to prop your feet up while you're sitting at your desk? Good luck!
OUTSTANDING! Thanks for the update. Continued good healing and enjoy your "new tummy" ;-)
I know you are getting excited. The time will pass quickly. Drink lots and lots of water the week before. It seemed to really help me.
WILL DO. Been trying to drink lots of water anyway. Will definitely do better.
Looking VERY good, and seems like minimal swelling. I like the shape of your scar, it's a SMILEY face, lol. Gonna ask my PS if mine can be that way ;-) Thanks for the update and BEST wishes for continued good healing...you're gonna be rockin a perfect new tummy SOON.