47 Yo Male, 20% Bodyfat - Lubbock, TX

I am a fairly active guy who has been trying for...

I am a fairly active guy who has been trying for years to get my body fat lower without success. I diet like a bodybuilder--grilled chicken, green vegetables, sweet potato, no sugar or processed foods. I have done triathlons, cycling, weight training, etc. without being able to get trouble spots to go away. So...I decided to give cool sculpting a try.

I can't speak to the results as I just had it done a few days ago, but I thought I would share my experience the past few days before I forget.

As to the procedure itself: I wouldn't even call the initial suction "discomfort." It was more like unfamiliar. In fact, the worst part about the initial application was a cold gel pad that is placed on the area. Having that cold gel pad go on bare skin is a little jarring. But the suction and freezing was a piece of cake. I took a nap each time. I say each time because I had 4 treatments in one day. I had two treatments to the abdomen--one on each side separately. That was followed by two machines going simultaneously to treat each side of my love handles . The only bad part was when the suction comes off and after the area is massaged, it starts to warm up. I'm not going to sugar coat it--it hurt. Bad. The good thing is that the pain goes away after 3 minutes. It helps to apply a heating pad to the treated area which my practitioner did but was slow on the last application--hence the pain.

I was out by 12:30 pm and at the gym working out at 7:30pm (pictures were taken at the gym). It was a little weird having a numb waistline. I kept trying to pull my shirt down because I couldn't feel it on my stomach and thought it wasn't pulled down. I had a little bruising and swelling but not much. The area is painful to the touch but I just don't touch it. I wore very loose fitting clothes the first two days. Today is the third day and I wore dress slacks with a tight belt without problems. I even had a swedish massage today with no problems (although I did tell the masseuse to stay away from my bruises).

I am told that coolsculpting helps to reduce the fat in the location by 20-30%. I will be satisfied if that happens. I have had my body fat stuck at the same level for several years despite working my butt off to get the fat down. My hope is that this helps jumpstart my fat loss. Even if all it does is decrease my plateau by a few pounds, I will be happy. We'll see in a few months.
Jayme Frasier

My practitioner was great. Did a pre-procedure Q&A and evaluation. The clinic operates by appointment only, so there was never a time where I felt rushed or felt like they were trying to hurry me along. The morning of, there was a good deal of explaining about the specific location of the suction device so as to maximize the effects. The only complaint I would have is that there was no place to put my clothes. But, obviously that is a minor quibble.