Loved my Facial Experience and Plan to Have Many More

So, I got lost on my way to the spa and ended up...

So, I got lost on my way to the spa and ended up getting there almost 20 minutes late! Most of the time, this would get you bumped from your spot, but the esthetician who would be doing my facial and eyebrow wax luckily did not have a client right after me.

She offered me a glass of water (which I desperately needed), then I went into the citrus-scented facial room, put on the terry cloth wrap they offered and climbed onto a very comfy table. The esthetician came in and went to work waxing and shaping my eyebrows (an extra $18). She worked fast, and then started on my facial.

Since I was so late, I didn't have time to fill out the client intake form (it was my first time there), so she just asked me questions about my skin and product preferences as we went. After she cleansed and exfoliated my skin, she evaluated it, did a few extractions (ouch!), and then started in on the fun part.

She put some sort of gel on my face, wrapped a damp, warm towel around it, then covered my eyes and put a steamer machine over me. It was so relaxing, and I loved the fact that they had everything from French vocal jazz to Patsy Klein playing during my facial.

I only had a 40 minute facial, the shortest offered at the spa, but it was perfect for me because I am pretty fidgety. My favorite part was at the end, when she massaged my face, shoulders, arms and scalp with some sort of very light oil/moisturizer. I was a bit worried that the oil would make me break out, but when I left, my skin was smooth and glowing, and the next day there was not a blemish in sight.

The only downside (sort of) was the fact that the estheticians at this spa are in pretty high demand.  It was difficult for me to get something scheduled (a month in advance) with the esthetician I specifically requested because my hairstylist (Katie at Vain) had recommended her.  Many of the estheticians work on different days/times, so this makes it especially difficult to schedule different services with multiple people on the same day.  Ultimately, I am willing to deal with tough scheduling to get the services I want from the spa I want with the practitioners I want, and it really helps that the spa is open weekends and most nights as late as 10 p.m. to accommodate those of us who  have work and can't go to the spa midday.

I loved the whole experience, and the ambiance of the spa was very relaxing and chic. I appreciated the fact that they use organic skin care products (they used all Eminence products for my facial and sell a bunch of others), and everyone there was very welcoming and friendly. The spa owner, Jessica, also had her absolutely precious Pomeranian there with her, so I enjoyed a little puppy love before I left. I am going back soon for an express mani/pedi and a massage, and if these experiences are as fabulous as my first, I expect I'll be visiting this spa many times in the future.

C.J. at Spa Noir

Be the first to comment...

Please join RealSelf or sign in.