A gift to myself for my 56th birthday. - Loved the Results! - Savannah, GA

I had a full facelift in September, 2007, as a...

I had a full facelift in September, 2007, as a gift to myself for my 56th birthday. Prior to selecting my doctor, I interviewed several plastic surgeons, got price quotes and spoke with women I personally know who have had "work" done. I was very impressed by his demeanor with patients, references, education, and particularly how he and his office prepared me for this surgery. First, they took before photos and he sat down with me and on a laptop showed me how I would likely look after a facelift. He also had me look into a "special" mirror that showed how your face isn't symmetrical. That was funny! In other words, he prepared me that everything won't be PERFECT just as my original face wasn't perfect. He talked about pain levels and assured me that I would receive medications which would alleviate pain. I scheduled on a Friday so my grown son, a doctor in a different field, could be with me. I arrived at their on site surgery center at the appointed time, prepped, the doc came in, marked me up and went over everything he would be doing so I could verbally confirm that I understood. I had forehead, upper lids, face, and neck done. I was required to spend one night in the surgery center with nurses in attendance and released early Saturday AM to my son's care. I looked like I was in a Halloween costume! Bloody dreadlocks (description of the drains)! At home I went to bed and slept all afternoon, rested and took medication for pain. My son left on Sunday afternoon and I prearranged to have a lady who takes care of plastic surgery patients stay with me for two evenings. After that, I was fine. I'm a Realtor working from a home office so I was working within 3 days and went out for an appointment within one week. I looked pretty rough so I just told people why. Most people were really interested in the procedure! My scars healed ahead of schedule and my doc released me to return to the gym at 4 weeks post op (just couldn't do any exercises where I lowered my head below my waist)and no jogging or running. Today was my six months check up. I had my doc inject Juvederm Ultra Plus into the nose to mouth lines, marionette lines, and enhance my upper lip. I knew that facelifts don't solve those 3 areas. The ultra plus is supposed to last up to one year and it cost 850.00 for the areas I mentioned. My next procedure will be a breast lift with the same doc.

Thanks for sharing your story. You look wonderful,
Really nice. I hope to have as good a result.
Very nice! You look beautiful and really didn't look 56 before. Had you previously done Botox? Just had breast lift and augmentation and a tummy tuck less than a year ago. Both surgeries went well and I had little to no pain during recovery. How many drainage tubes did you have following your facelift? Not sure if I'm brave enough for a facelift. You look fabulous. Your recovery from a breast lift will be nothing!
So glad you had such a successful surgery. I would love to have a facelift but I have a panic disorder and am afraid I would absolutely have a full blown panic attack. We are the same age so I'll tell you about my experience with breast augmentation. I had just re-married for the second time after 27 years of marriage with my first husband. I wanted this done even though I was a size B. I have a friend who is a size D and that's what I wanted. In the office I worked in, a young woman around 30 had the procedure right after I had mine. I have had a lot of pain in my life but this was unreal! It took six months to feel human again....I hurt all the time, couldn't sleep and was miserable. I really think it was my age because the young woman around 30 had no pain and was in the gym in a few weeks. I was very satisfied with the results which was six years ago now but just this past year, I can see a difference in my breasts. They, along with everything else, is going "south" and you can see a little difference in the real breast tissue from the implant. Also, two months after my surgery, my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer! Naturally, had I known that, I would not have had it done. If anything goes wrong with my current implants, I will NOT replace them. They will come out and I will go back to my size B and know that I will miss the size. Everyone is not the same, so if you decide to go ahead with the surgery, I certainly wish you the best and a speedy recovery!
Hello! I am wondering how you look now, in 2014. Id like to know how long facelifts last. Thanks! Linda
I had a facelift done when I was 48 that I think truly it must have lasted until the present as at 65, I still look 10 years younger; however, starting in about 2010, I feel like I am looking about how I looked back then...a little turkey gobble and some extra skin around my mouth depending on how I hold my head or smile; I want to get a touch up; the MAIN THING YOU WANT TO MAKE SURE THE SURGEON DOES WHAT IS CALLED A "DEEP PLANE LIFT" WHICH MEANS THEY ADDRESS THE UNDERLYING MUSCLE OFTEN CALLED " SMAS" I have a friend who told me she spent $6000 on a Lifestyle lift and it only lasted five years. I didn't know her then but she is in desperate need as she has terrible loose jowls. I have consulted with doctors who claim to do the deep plane lift for anywhere between $5-9000 in the Tampa Bay area. Don't get too confused by the various names because if they do it right, it's all pretty much the same thing. However, I saw a doctor named Roy David on The Doctor's TV and look at that video called "The Loyola Lift" which will show you exactly what I"m talking about; it is basically a lower face lift and he does it the right way and because he uses the twilight therapy, recovery is within two weeks! Another thing to consider is volumn loss as we age. Fillers can be costly to maintain and I'm looking for a doctor who also does fat transfer as well as if it takes, that fat will last for several years.
I will pass along that I had great results and treatment from Dr. Graham at Sarasota Plastic Surgeons - might be of interest since you are in the Tampa Bay area. There are other docs there with exceptional reputations. I am nearly 3 months out and so far well pleased.
AMAZING! You really helped others to see the positive results:) I can tell that you are happy with the results. I too would like a referral name of your Surgeon.
Thanks for posting these pictures. You are a generous soul! Your result was wonderful. I am still too scared to go through that recovery though, and your pictures helped me see that I might not be up for that kind of trauma right now. Maybe at another time in life. You look amazing. Thanks.
Thanks for including the immediate post op look, so I know what I'm in for. A picture speaks 1000 words. I hope mine turns out half as good as yours! Beautiful!
You look great! Thanks for sharing the photos and info. I'm jealous...
Thanks so much for sharing. Brave and helpful description and photos really help others to make informed decisions. You do look fantastic now. Fresh, bright, alive and happy in your own skin. Well done you!
You do look great and thanks for sharing photos. I too am in real estate, in Florida and had mine done 2 years ago, at age 55 pretty much had what you did and you look a lot better than I did initially from the photos. I am so very happy with my results as well. A good face doctor makes all the difference. I had to have my neck totally restructured, muscles pulled from back of neck from previous surgeries done when I was young so I really had some swelling, but worth it. I always share my experience with whoever asked as so many women hide the fact....it helps to share . Thanks
hi, just like to ask who did you facelift. I have had one and it was not a good one. I am looking really hard to find a good dr. Thanks mommydearest
Don't go to Dr Ross, I hardly look any better and I went through alot of pain and alot of money
Thank you soo very much for sharing. This is the only way we can help others.
WOw, you look MARVELOUS and I agree with Ali Grace, you sure don't look 56, more like 45!! I'd love to know who your surgeon was!
Who did your facellift if I could ask?
I think you look FABULOUS! No way would I have ever guessed you were 56.