Very lumpy and obvious-looking - Love Juvederm - Charlotte, NC

Over the last 4 years, I have had two Restylane...

Over the last 4 years, I have had two Restylane treatments, neither of which turned out well. Very lumpy and obvious-looking for up to 18 months.

What I learned is that the nurse/doctor who injects the product is the crucial part. A week and a half ago I had Juvederm injected into several areas on my face. I finally look like the "after" pictures in the hyaluronic manufactures' adverisements -smooth, and completely natural appearance.

Juvederm, from what I understand, is of a smoother consistency, and is also FDA approved to last up to one year. The FDA approved Restylane for just 6 months. Restylane lasts longer when improperly injected (too close to the surface) - that is why mine lasted so long and looked so bad. I am so happy with the Juvederm!

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Terry Trudnak with Dr. Graper's office in South Park - Highly experienced and trained for the proper injection techniques.

I'm in Charlotte and in the market for this, would love to know who was your doctor!
Terry Trudnak with Dr. Graper's office in South Park. She treats both me and my husband. We are thrilled with the results.
Was it painful? I live in Moyocl, NC and am willing to travel for a good DR
Unless you are the kind whe cannot tolerate any small pinch, then definitely it is not painful. The only thing I think about prior to going in is how great I will look after the procedure. Juvederm now makes a filler with a numbing agent mixed in - but it is slightly more costly and frankly, not worth it. The regular Juvederm solution is not a problem, because the nurse applies a topical numbing agent right on the injection site prior to injecting anyway! I don't even need the topical numbing agent, but it is included in the price of the regular Juvederm treatment, so I go with that. Ms. Trudnak at Graper plastic surgery SouthPark is the best - and she will have you hold a mirror up at various times during the procedure so you can make sure that the filler is exactly how you like it and where you like it. Good luck!!!!
I got Juvederm around my mouth two years ago at Graper. It just finally wore off (although I'm still not nearly as wrinkly as I was before the injections). Loved it and going back for a refresher as soon as I can afford it.