Tummy Tuck in my Future! - Louisville, KY

I am 5'2 and currently weigh 170. I have lost...

I am 5'2 and currently weigh 170. I have lost about 100lbs over the course of two years. I have scheduled my tummy tuck because I have a lot of hanging skin and I am tired of being the fat girl in the gym. I work out several times a week and this skin makes noise when jumping or any other large movement exercises. I have worked very hard and I don't want to be the fat girl in the gym anymore. I know this will not make me lose weight but I think it will only build my confidence and therefore only make my journey that much easier :)

Louisville Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your story here on RealSelf.

Congratulations on the weight loss; that's awesome!   Job well done and I know that was hard to accomplish.

The hanging skin can really take a toll on your thoughts and also make it really hard to exercise.   Being in the best possible shape prior to surgery is very important.  Keep up the good work on the diet and exercise because you will need your strength for recovery and ultimate results.

Most doctors want you to be within 15-20 pounds of your ideal weight.  Which makes perfect sense because if you have the tummy tuck and then go on to drop an additional large amount or weight; you will end up with more skin.

Keep us up to date on how everything is going:)