Removing a Newly Done Large Upper Back Tattoo, Black Ink - Louisville, KY

I just got this done for my 17th birthday, and I...

I just got this done for my 17th birthday, and I am mortified by the results. It's going to be very hard for me to get around to lasering it off since my mom is very upset that I begged for this tattoo and already want it off. It's going to be hard to afford.
Can anyone offer me any advice/info? :(

Hey there, just checking in to see how you are doing, have you made a decision yet to start treatment?

Go to *a lot* of consultations. Clinics will charge way more and aren't necessarily any better; they might only do one laser treatment on a tattoo every few weeks. Some tattoo parlours do removal too (and then the subsequent cover ups) and can be much, much cheaper, and might do them a lot more. One tattoo artist/laser tech I spoke to told me that sometimes they start way too gently in dr offices and that makes the tattoo harder to remove in the long run. The pattern seems to hold... places that will sell you a package of 15 treatments tend to need at least 15 treatments. I also hate how dr offices always use the same before/after stock images. Laser removal techs/tattoo artists more reliably use their own photos as before and afters. ANYWAY. In my consultations, for a tattoo about the same size and complexity as yours, prices ranged from $80 per session to $400 per session. So, yea, ask around.
Hi there! I know how you feel! We all do! There are many people on here wanting their brand new ink gone...including me. My tattoo is mainly black and large. The larger the tattoo, the less success of removal is what the doctors say, but I'm still trying! I got an amazing deal. Mine cost $180/month and I go twice a month. Mine is split in half because of size. Another place quoted me $600/ month. Their laser was a little more advanced, but not much. Call around and get some consult appointments. Go for more than one. I went to at least two. You want to just say yes to the first place, but it's smart to at least check out a few others! Good luck to you. Try to stay positive. Keep us posted on your decision/progress. Oh, and if you do decide to do laser removal, stay on this site...it's helped to keep me going when I thought I couldn't! It helps to know that other people are feeling the same way you do!
It's hard to have wanted something only for it not to have worked out.  Ink regret sucks!  We're all experiencing it and reaching out to others.   The good thing is that it's mostly black and that is one colour that does well with lasering.  I  would seek professional consultation, they are usually free.  Good luck!  aloha...k
I'm so sorry to hear about this and to know you are already regretting it. I had a tattoo done last year and I'm in the process of getting it removed. I also live in Louisville, KY and I'm having it removed by Dr. Corbett. Actually he is removing some of my friends work as well. the cost is usually around $300 a session. I would recommend contacting him for a free consultation. He's really awesome and will be honest about what he can do for you. I'm on my second treatment and already seeing a lot of results. Good luck!
Is 300 per session the set price? I can afford that. I'm just worried that it will be a lot more due to the size of mine. I'm working part time at Subway so I will literally be paying for this paycheck to paycheck.
300 won't be a set price, you would have to go in for a consultation before determining price!

Sorry to hear you aren't happy with it. :( It looks like its all black, as I'm assuming the pink is just from it being freshly done(?).

This Q&A might help give you a little hope since it seems black is usually considered the easiest color to remove:

What Tattoo Ink Colors Are Easiest to Remove?