Breast Reconstruction After Breast Cancer - Louisville, KY

I had a bi-lateral mastectomy due to breast cancer...

I had a bi-lateral mastectomy due to breast cancer and wanted breast reconstruction. Dr. Little started the first step of reconstruction during my mastectomy by putting expanders in me to stretch my skin for implants. I had the implants put in and later had skin graphed from my lower abdomen to create aerolas and nipples.

I'm glad you were able to get immediate reconstruction during your mastectomy procedure. About what size implant did you end up getting? Did it take about a year for the entire process? Thank you for sharing your story with us on RealSelf. It will be inspirational to other women facing reconstruction.
My implants were 700cc initially. About 9 months later I had one replaced with a 780cc. I am very pleased.
Sounds like you're symmetrical and happy now. Congratulations again!
Louisville Plastic Surgeon

I had a bi-lateral mastectomy and Dr. Jarrod Little performed my breast reconstruction. In addition Dr. Little did nipple reconstruction surgery for me. Dr. Little was amazing through my entire reconstruction and follow-up. He and his staff have been very accessible, informative and compassionate. I would highly recommend Dr. Jarrod Little and would choose Dr. Little for further surgeries I may need in the future.