3 Weeks Post Implant Removal - Louisville, KY

I had my first daughter when I was only 17....

I had my first daughter when I was only 17. Disappointed with my loss of volume I had a breast augmentation at 21. The doctor didn't provide much guidance when picking implants. He stuck me in a room with a bra and some saline implants. I believe that I went with 425, but I can't be sure. I loved my new breasts. They looked fabulous on my 117 lb body. Jump twelve years, one son and 30 pounds later. My last measurement was a 32G. I hated them. It was very difficult to run. I had to wear an extremely heavy duty sports bra that rubbed me absolutely raw. You can see the marks right below my sternum in my pictures. I was sick of it, so after years of regret, I finally decided to get a revision. The doctor initially wanted to do a neopectoral pocket exchange and place smaller silicone implants in with a mastopexy / reduction. However after deep consideration I decided I didn't want any more implants. I was concerned that my doctor was going to fight me on it. Tell me that I wouldn't look good. Tell me I was going to loose fullness etc. I just didn't want to be high maintenance, because these things don't last forever. I didn't want something fake in my body anymore. I was so relieved when he told me that he agreed with my decision to remove and simply do a mastopexy. Three weeks ago I had my procedure. Although some discomfort, it was in no way equal to my initial augmentation. The worst part were the deep stitched in the mammary fold. These will be taken out in one week, and I will be so glad. My doctor and his staff were wonderful. Both the doctor and a nurse called me the weekend after my surgery to check on me. I felt like I was in very good hands. Sometimes I feel like my breasts are still very large. I do not know for sure what cup size I am yet, but I imagine I am still a D or DD. I have to wear a sports bra for one more week, and then I will go to get a new bra. At least I will be able to shop in a regular store. The scars don't really bother me, and I know that they will get better in time. I was concerned at first because my nipples were completely number, but I am slowly getting sensation back. I have unfortunately put on some weight because I had not been able to work out at all for three week. Tomorrow I start the elliptical, and I can begin running again in 5 weeks. Hopefully it will be much more enjoyable without those giant ta-tas I was used to hauling around.

It was $6,000

It was $6,000

Thank you so much. It's the best thing I've ever...

Thank you so much. It's the best thing I've ever done for myself.
Louisville Plastic Surgeon

The office staff was great. The doctor took his time with with me and really listened to what I wanted.

You look great!!
Happy Mother's Day!!....and to all of our RealSelf community gals.....:)
You look so much better after the explantation! Your boobs look much more in proportion....good for you!! Congrats!
Wow you look great! Congratulations.
You look fabulous! Congratulations!
How much did this procedure cost? I am wanting to do the same . You look great!
You look great! Thanks for sharing. I get mine out at the end of the month.....can't wait!!! Question: did they take the scar tissue and capsules out?
They did take the capsule out.
you look amazing now. in your red top they look very uncomfortably large. what a relief that you will be able to run and exercise!! your surgeon has done a fab job. enjoy!!!