Surgery Good. Not Happy with Service - Louisville, KY

I love the difference that I got from liteshape...

I love the difference that I got from liteshape lipo, but I was very unhappy with my doctor.

I definietly lost inches and there are no more love handles! but at my six week check up one of my hips are bigger than the other. Before I had my surgery done that side was bigger anyway, and I would assume the doctor would see that. So instead of atleast taking out the same amounnt on both sides, he took out less on the side that was bigger in the first place. At my six week follow up he told me that I could get touch up surgery but it would cost an additional 750 dollars. He told me they took out the exact amount on both sides at my three week check, and when I went in for my six week check I found out they took 50 cc less on the bigger side. I know 50 cc isnt a big deal but why take less out on a bigger side?! When I called the office they told me that they usually take out more or less on one side and that the paper I signed said that I had to pay for equipment usage on touch ups. Now I am stuck with a obviously bigger side and I am going to have to be 750 dollars more in the hole because he didnt get it right the first time.

I am a little upset at how the whole situation was handled. I dont even think I would be that angry if I wasnt told that the exact amount was taken out on each side at first my the doctor, then I was told 50 cc less by the nurse and I am not being offered a touch up at no addition cost for me.

So all in all, the surgery works, just make sure ask questions first! My doctor had graet bedside manner, very nice, I was just a little upset that I wasnt totally informed. Has this happened to anyone else?

Welcome to RealSelf, Lou. I'm sorry to hear about your uneven results. Just so you know, we also have a liposuction forum where you can meet and talk to other post-lipo patients. From what I've seen it is fairly normal to be charged a reduced fee for revisions, but every doctor has a different policy. Taking out less on the larger side is puzzling though. :-/

Louisville Plastic Surgeon