Fdl tummy tuck vs regular tummy tuck- Louisiana, LA

I am a 31 year old mother of three beautiful and...

I am a 31 year old mother of three beautiful and amazing children. I have been married for 13 years to my wonderful husband. My story is pretty much like everyone elses:) I've been wanting a tummy tuck since my oldest son was born 13 years ago! He was 8lbs 14 oz and only 19 months later I gave birth to my daughter who was 10lbs 3 oz!!! Needless to say my stomach didn't stand a chance. lol Almost five years later, my youngest son weighed in at 9lbs 15 oz. I was over 200 pounds at his 1st birthday. Not long after that I decided it was time to get healthy. I lost 60 pounds with diet and exercise but my tummy hasn't budged. I've known that I would need a tummy tuck since my oldest but never dreamed it would ever become a reality! With the support of my husband, I have scheduled my surgery for June 20, 2013. I'm super nervous because I've only had one surgery and that was getting my tonsils removed when I was 12 and the thought of being put under freaks me out. But not having to tuck my stomach into my pants and being able to buy shirts that fit me are enough for me to work through my nerves! lol

I am 5'5'' and weigh 151 pounds (I hope to lose 10 more before surgery). I will take and post some before pics later when my husband gets home to take them:)
I have about 2 and 1/2 months till my surgery so any tips for preparing for it are much appreciated:)

So my ps suggested I have a fdl tummy tuck to get...

So my ps suggested I have a fdl tummy tuck to get me super tight. After much deliberation, I have decided to stick with a regular tummy tuck. And I received a phone call and they moved my surgery up three days!! I'm still really nervous but I had a moment the other day jumping up and down excitement lol I bought a sheer bathing suit cover up and just thought of having a flat belly instead of 3 rolls made me super happy:)
Thanks to all for your posts....it is helping the time pass quicker for me and helping prepare me by hearing all of your stories!

2 days po and feeling pretty good:)

Well Monday was my day...they were running behind at the hospital so my surgery didn't start until 1:30. Once they gave me the sedative I was out and don't remember anything until Tuesday morning at 6! So far my pain hasn't been bad. The nurse told me I have a sensitivity to the pain medicines because everything they give me knocks me out lol I can definitely tell I'm swollen but still so happy with my results so far:)

1 week post op and loving it!!!

Today I am one week post op and I feel great! I had my one week checkup today but my drain didn't get pulled:( I'm daring 28 cc a day and I have to get below 20. I go back on Wednesday so hopefully then! I'm feeling really good other than a rash I developed from my antibiotic. I started meds today for it so hopefully they kick in soon cause it itches!!! Not much change from op day 5 but I love my results so far. My pain level so far has not gotten over a 4. Hopefully I stay on this recovery path! Lol

2 weeks post op

I had my 2 week post op appointment this morning and I am so happy!! On po day 9 I had my one drain removed. Today I had my belly button stitches removed. Neither one hurt at all!!! I start my scar therapy next Monday and I'm kinda nervous about that. I have to take the tape off and rub the scar treatment on it, hope it's not sensitive. I have another week off from work but I'm ready for it. I could have gone back yesterday, but I get to spend another week with my babies:)
Happy healing everyone!!!