Fdl tummy tuck vs regular tummy tuck- Louisiana, LA

I am a 31 year old mother of three beautiful and...

I am a 31 year old mother of three beautiful and amazing children. I have been married for 13 years to my wonderful husband. My story is pretty much like everyone elses:) I've been wanting a tummy tuck since my oldest son was born 13 years ago! He was 8lbs 14 oz and only 19 months later I gave birth to my daughter who was 10lbs 3 oz!!! Needless to say my stomach didn't stand a chance. lol Almost five years later, my youngest son weighed in at 9lbs 15 oz. I was over 200 pounds at his 1st birthday. Not long after that I decided it was time to get healthy. I lost 60 pounds with diet and exercise but my tummy hasn't budged. I've known that I would need a tummy tuck since my oldest but never dreamed it would ever become a reality! With the support of my husband, I have scheduled my surgery for June 20, 2013. I'm super nervous because I've only had one surgery and that was getting my tonsils removed when I was 12 and the thought of being put under freaks me out. But not having to tuck my stomach into my pants and being able to buy shirts that fit me are enough for me to work through my nerves! lol

I am 5'5'' and weigh 151 pounds (I hope to lose 10 more before surgery). I will take and post some before pics later when my husband gets home to take them:)
I have about 2 and 1/2 months till my surgery so any tips for preparing for it are much appreciated:)

So my ps suggested I have a fdl tummy tuck to get...

So my ps suggested I have a fdl tummy tuck to get me super tight. After much deliberation, I have decided to stick with a regular tummy tuck. And I received a phone call and they moved my surgery up three days!! I'm still really nervous but I had a moment the other day jumping up and down excitement lol I bought a sheer bathing suit cover up and just thought of having a flat belly instead of 3 rolls made me super happy:)
Thanks to all for your posts....it is helping the time pass quicker for me and helping prepare me by hearing all of your stories!

2 days po and feeling pretty good:)

Well Monday was my day...they were running behind at the hospital so my surgery didn't start until 1:30. Once they gave me the sedative I was out and don't remember anything until Tuesday morning at 6! So far my pain hasn't been bad. The nurse told me I have a sensitivity to the pain medicines because everything they give me knocks me out lol I can definitely tell I'm swollen but still so happy with my results so far:)

1 week post op and loving it!!!

Today I am one week post op and I feel great! I had my one week checkup today but my drain didn't get pulled:( I'm daring 28 cc a day and I have to get below 20. I go back on Wednesday so hopefully then! I'm feeling really good other than a rash I developed from my antibiotic. I started meds today for it so hopefully they kick in soon cause it itches!!! Not much change from op day 5 but I love my results so far. My pain level so far has not gotten over a 4. Hopefully I stay on this recovery path! Lol

2 weeks post op

I had my 2 week post op appointment this morning and I am so happy!! On po day 9 I had my one drain removed. Today I had my belly button stitches removed. Neither one hurt at all!!! I start my scar therapy next Monday and I'm kinda nervous about that. I have to take the tape off and rub the scar treatment on it, hope it's not sensitive. I have another week off from work but I'm ready for it. I could have gone back yesterday, but I get to spend another week with my babies:)
Happy healing everyone!!!

Looking great!
Thank you!!
I think you look great! I would have opted out of the FDL TT also. Happy healing, hope it goes smoothly. :)
Thank you so much!
Glad to hear your doing so well, by the way, what is "fdl tummy tuck"?
Thanks! A fdl tummy tuck is where they cut you vertical and horizontal, almost like an upside down T.
I am just a few days behind you! What pain meds do you have? Did you have lipo? I feel my pain is like an 8.
Congrats!! I had Percocet which I had never taken before, and it worked very good! I made sure to take it every 4 hours. The only lipo I had was my abdomen so maybe that's why My pain isn't too bad. I hope you feel better soon!!
You look amazing. Congrats
Thank you so much! You look great too!! Now we just have to get through this recovery!
glad to hear your doing well. What is "fdl tummy tuck"?
Wow. Fabulous transition, u look amazing! The worst is over! Happy healing honey:)
Thank you!! I'm glad to have the surgery behind me, it was kinda freaking me out lol
You look amazing!!!! So happy for you!! And once swelling goes down you'll look even better!! You must be so happy!!! : )
Thank you so much! I just have to remember that the swelling is temporary!
I'm a Louisiana Girl myself! :). My TT is June 24. Good luck tomorrow! Sending prayers!!! :)
Thank you so much! You'll be post op before you know it:)
Our time is almost here. Are you ready? I'm crazy excited for some reason. I have stuff I need to get done but can't get off realself. Lol!
Reading your profile bayou. My son was 10lb 4oz and my belly didn't stand a chance either. I lost 70 lbs. once but gained it all back. Good job on the weight loss and maintaining it. Maybe this will give me the push I need to lose it and keep it off. Glad to have you for my surgery twin.
Yay for us! I can't believe this is really happening!! Yeah those big babies are something else, everybody always told me I had 2 month olds not newborns lol I'm so happy to have found this site. It really makes dealing with all the emotions bearable! I can't believe it's this close, do you have everything you need?
I think so. I'm as prepared as I know how to be. I read on somebody's post a couple of weeks ago that she was making a box full of clean suitable clothes for post op so her family wouldn't have to struggle to find her stuff so I even did that. Lol! I bought myself a good book, I hooked the wii up in the bedroom with Mario 3 and I put new batteries in the thermometer and I got a bottle of M.O.M. I don't quite know what type of food to have on hand but I'm gonna try to stock up on a few things this weekend for the kitchen. I know everybody recommends the fruit smoothies on here so I've been searching recipes on here. Any ideas for easy to digest ideas are welcome. How about you? Are you ready?
I'm the same as you, I think I'm as ready as I'll ever be except for the food. I know I want to eat very clean with a little sodium as possible but I'm afraid that is easier said than done. I've been researching fresh juices but haven't found anything that sounds too appealing. lol I like the box of clothes idea, I think I will do that too. If you come across any good smoothie recipes please let me know. I have to have everything in order and organized for my husband. Trying to make it as easy as possible for him. Did you get a toilet seat riser?
Is ur dr in Louisiana also...I'm in New Orleans and I would like to stay in la but haven't found any dr that do bbl in New Orleans
Hi Cassy0003, my dr is in Lafayette, Louisiana
Congratulations! It is exciting! If you could have 3 large babies natural, then you will be able to get through the TT. I promise :-) were women, we are strong and can deal with anything :-). I had Tummy tuck with muscle tightening along with getting my pubic area liposuctioned and breast lift along with 450cc implants 4 weeks ago yesterday. :-) I'm so happy I went through with it and I was terrified!