Fdl tummy tuck vs regular tummy tuck- Louisiana, LA

I am a 31 year old mother of three beautiful and...

I am a 31 year old mother of three beautiful and amazing children. I have been married for 13 years to my wonderful husband. My story is pretty much like everyone elses:) I've been wanting a tummy tuck since my oldest son was born 13 years ago! He was 8lbs 14 oz and only 19 months later I gave birth to my daughter who was 10lbs 3 oz!!! Needless to say my stomach didn't stand a chance. lol Almost five years later, my youngest son weighed in at 9lbs 15 oz. I was over 200 pounds at his 1st birthday. Not long after that I decided it was time to get healthy. I lost 60 pounds with diet and exercise but my tummy hasn't budged. I've known that I would need a tummy tuck since my oldest but never dreamed it would ever become a reality! With the support of my husband, I have scheduled my surgery for June 20, 2013. I'm super nervous because I've only had one surgery and that was getting my tonsils removed when I was 12 and the thought of being put under freaks me out. But not having to tuck my stomach into my pants and being able to buy shirts that fit me are enough for me to work through my nerves! lol

I am 5'5'' and weigh 151 pounds (I hope to lose 10 more before surgery). I will take and post some before pics later when my husband gets home to take them:)
I have about 2 and 1/2 months till my surgery so any tips for preparing for it are much appreciated:)

Hey there girls! I am a 40 year old mother of 2 boys 12 and an 11 year who has autism. After my second was born weighing 9 5, I had this muffin top that I could not get rid of. Now I am 5 3 and I got up to 135lbs. I finally had my tt with lipo on March 22, 2013, and dontget me wrong when I woke up and for the first 24 hrs it was very painful, but I knew that going in. Just take your meds and just think about how skinny your gonna be! Its been almost 2 weeks and I still have my drains in which sucks but is fine compared to the alternative. Good luck on your surgeries!
Thank you for the encouraging words! It's so nice to hear from others that have the same thoughts or fears as I do. I'm going to start making a list of supplies to get together now.
I was terrified for mine as I hadn't had surgery before. But it went very well. I was assured that I would wake up and everyone was very understanding to my nerves. I am post op 5 days and here have been my needs. A recliner (and a friend or husband to sleep nearby the first few nights) A tray for all your needs; Meds - Tylenol, colace, arnica, scrips from PS A medicine check off chart with times for each med Pillows and blankets Remote controls 7-up Crackers Many many ice packs! I rotated between 6 using 3 at a time I can't think of anything else, but this is all I needed. Everyone is different but I hope that your recovery goes well!

So my ps suggested I have a fdl tummy tuck to get...

So my ps suggested I have a fdl tummy tuck to get me super tight. After much deliberation, I have decided to stick with a regular tummy tuck. And I received a phone call and they moved my surgery up three days!! I'm still really nervous but I had a moment the other day jumping up and down excitement lol I bought a sheer bathing suit cover up and just thought of having a flat belly instead of 3 rolls made me super happy:)
Thanks to all for your posts....it is helping the time pass quicker for me and helping prepare me by hearing all of your stories!
I'm a Louisiana Girl myself! :). My TT is June 24. Good luck tomorrow! Sending prayers!!! :)
Our time is almost here. Are you ready? I'm crazy excited for some reason. I have stuff I need to get done but can't get off realself. Lol!
Reading your profile bayou. My son was 10lb 4oz and my belly didn't stand a chance either. I lost 70 lbs. once but gained it all back. Good job on the weight loss and maintaining it. Maybe this will give me the push I need to lose it and keep it off. Glad to have you for my surgery twin.

2 days po and feeling pretty good:)

Well Monday was my day...they were running behind at the hospital so my surgery didn't start until 1:30. Once they gave me the sedative I was out and don't remember anything until Tuesday morning at 6! So far my pain hasn't been bad. The nurse told me I have a sensitivity to the pain medicines because everything they give me knocks me out lol I can definitely tell I'm swollen but still so happy with my results so far:)
You look amazing. Congrats
Thank you so much! You look great too!! Now we just have to get through this recovery!
Wow. Fabulous transition, u look amazing! The worst is over! Happy healing honey:)

1 week post op and loving it!!!

Today I am one week post op and I feel great! I had my one week checkup today but my drain didn't get pulled:( I'm daring 28 cc a day and I have to get below 20. I go back on Wednesday so hopefully then! I'm feeling really good other than a rash I developed from my antibiotic. I started meds today for it so hopefully they kick in soon cause it itches!!! Not much change from op day 5 but I love my results so far. My pain level so far has not gotten over a 4. Hopefully I stay on this recovery path! Lol
I think you look great! I would have opted out of the FDL TT also. Happy healing, hope it goes smoothly. :)
Thank you so much!
Glad to hear your doing so well, by the way, what is "fdl tummy tuck"?

2 weeks post op

I had my 2 week post op appointment this morning and I am so happy!! On po day 9 I had my one drain removed. Today I had my belly button stitches removed. Neither one hurt at all!!! I start my scar therapy next Monday and I'm kinda nervous about that. I have to take the tape off and rub the scar treatment on it, hope it's not sensitive. I have another week off from work but I'm ready for it. I could have gone back yesterday, but I get to spend another week with my babies:)
Happy healing everyone!!!