34 Years Old, 2 Kids - Louisiana

I wanted to be healthy for myself and my children....

I wanted to be healthy for myself and my children. I wanted to be able to play with them without having to sit down every 2 minutes! I was 31, 5 foot nothing, and 264 lbs. My life was miserable. My bones hurt all the time because of the pressure they were under.
I had the gastric sleeve (not bypass) and am so happy I did! Don't get me wrong! The first 2 weeks after the surgery I thought I was going to die! Lol once my body adjusted to being off sugar, caffeine, and I knew I wasn't going to starve to death, I was fine.
It has been almost 2 1/2 years and I have lost and kept off 130 lbs. I still have to watch what I eat, exercise, and maintain a healthy lifestyle to keep it off of course. If I had to do it recommend a surgery, I recommend the sleeve. It is not as invasive as the bypass and you still lose 80-90% of your excess weight. With the lap band the average is only 40% of your excess weight is lost. Hope this helps give you some insight and that you do what is right for you. God bless!

?I eat mostly chicken and shrimp...

I eat mostly chicken and shrimp as far as meats go. I really can't handle fried food that well. When I eat, I still can't eat that much at one sitting, so I eat small portions throughout the day. I usually eat about 6 times a day. My 3 meals and fruit or healthy snacks in between. As far as portion sizes, it really depends on what I'm eating. If I'm eating a salad, I can usually eat about half of it. If I'm eating something "heavy" like pasta, I can only take maybe 5 bites and I"m stuffed. Thank you for your questions and congratulations. I'll be happy to answer any other questions you may have.

Dr. Armstrong