34 Years Old, 2 Kids - Louisiana

I wanted to be healthy for myself and my children....

I wanted to be healthy for myself and my children. I wanted to be able to play with them without having to sit down every 2 minutes! I was 31, 5 foot nothing, and 264 lbs. My life was miserable. My bones hurt all the time because of the pressure they were under.
I had the gastric sleeve (not bypass) and am so happy I did! Don't get me wrong! The first 2 weeks after the surgery I thought I was going to die! Lol once my body adjusted to being off sugar, caffeine, and I knew I wasn't going to starve to death, I was fine.
It has been almost 2 1/2 years and I have lost and kept off 130 lbs. I still have to watch what I eat, exercise, and maintain a healthy lifestyle to keep it off of course. If I had to do it recommend a surgery, I recommend the sleeve. It is not as invasive as the bypass and you still lose 80-90% of your excess weight. With the lap band the average is only 40% of your excess weight is lost. Hope this helps give you some insight and that you do what is right for you. God bless!
Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing with us!

Congratulations on your weight loss, that's a huge achievement. If you don't mind sharing, what is your eating pattern like now: how often do you eat, how many times per day and what are your portion sizes like?
I eat mostly chicken and shrimp as far as meats go. I really can't handle fried food that well. When I eat, I still can't eat that much at one sitting, so I eat small portions throughout the day. I usually eat about 6 times a day. My 3 meals and fruit or healthy snacks in between. As far as portion sizes, it really depends on what I'm eating. If I'm eating a salad, I can usually eat about half of it. If I'm eating something "heavy" like pasta, I can only take maybe 5 bites and I"m stuffed. Thank you for your questions and congratulations. I'll be happy to answer any other questions you may have.
Thanks for sharing! I know most doctor's are different with what they allow their patients to eat. Mine is pretty strict, so I'm not allowed anything with heavy carbs, such as: pasta, potato, rice, bread, fruit, etc.

Sounds like you're doing great though!

?I eat mostly chicken and shrimp...

Thanks for your review, I have a month to my op so it's good to see reviews from all viewpoints, best of luck!
awesome!!! yay! for you i think u should post more pics! to see b4 and afters to compare them and how it changed ur life for the better! :) im in the process of getting the sleeve! :)
I only have a few before pics. I wasn't a fan of having my picture taken back then.... not that I am now either. lol..... I will see if I can find some to upload for you though. Good luck! I know you won't regret it! If you have any questions or concerns before or after the surgery feel free to ask! I'll help the best I can :)
Dr. Armstrong