Sclerotherapy and Wounds - Los Gatos, CA

I had many spider veins. The doctor used the...

I had many spider veins. The doctor used the solution injected into my veins and several of the vein clusters exploded leaving wounds. I wasn't told this might happen and not knowing what to do I put neosporin on the wounds and now have several scarred holes in my legs.

Make sure your doctors tells you of all the possible outcomes including veins that can fail inside your legs leaving unsightly scarring later on. Vein clusters are common and can explode leaving lesions.

Sorry I forgot my nickname is hsum4.

Hi hsum4,

Thanks for the update. I'm sorry scars are still present, It's kind of a catch 22, you wanted your veins gone, but when they do they leave scars. Hopefully you might be able to find a doctor to help with this.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

-Britt

Hi hsum4,

Oh my, that's horrible. I looked in our doctor Q&A to find some answers and there was a question about Spider Vein Treatment Side Effects, the answers seem like they might be useful. Please keep us updated as how the healing goes.

-Britt

Dear Britt:

This procedure was done several years ago so the wounds healed, but the scars are still present.