Fat Grafting/transfer to Breasts and Face - Los Gatos, CA

After a bi-lateral mastectomy I had fat graphting...

After a bi-lateral mastectomy I had fat graphting from my hips and tummy to my breasts and face. Insurance covered the fat graphting (reconstruction) for my breasts.

The breasts look very good. A majority of the fat transfer stayed and greatly reduced the pain in the area as well. I'm very pleased with the results.

The facial graphing was a mistake. After 3 major surgeries due to the breast cancer I thought Id treat myself and have a bit of padding added back to my 48 yr old face. Not only did none of the fat transfer take, I actually have less fat in my face now 75 days post surgery. The before and after pictures brought me to tears! After breast cancer I really didnt need that!

My Dr was quite disappointed with the results as well and has suggested I try Sculpra to add back some of the fat to my face that was there before the graphting. (at a tune of $7k)

I completely regret the facial fat graphting. It was painful, caused severe bruising, and was a complete waste of money.

The Dr and his staff were wonderful. The procedure for my face did not work for me. The procedure worked very well for breast reconstruction.

Hi there, welcome and thanks for sharing your experience with us.

I'm so glad you're happy with the fat grafting to your breasts, it's obviously been a difficult time for you but hopefully the good result of your breasts has helped a little!

Did the facial fat transfer fail simply because the fat didn't take? Is there anything your doctor can do at a reduced cost, maybe a revision?