Total FX Laser Resurfacing Looks Great

I had a complete laser resurfacing 6 days ago and...

I had a complete laser resurfacing 6 days ago and so far it looks fantastic. I chose to have it with twilight anesthesia since I was also doing my lower eyes. My doctor used the Total FX laser. I am just under 50 and wanted to diminish fine lines and scars from cystic acne.

After the surgery I was extremely swollen - chipmunk face and eyes were barely open. The anesthesiologist recommended that I take benadryl and Tylenol PM to sleep and reduce the swelling. I went to sleep for 4 hours and after that started the regimen of icing for 20 mins per hour plus washing with cetaphil 6 times per day and application of Aquafor. No vinegar soaks for this laser. I also used Arnica tablets (available at a homepathic pharmacy) for 2 days prior and 2 days following to reduce swelling and bruising around the eyes. For icing I used a herbal beauty mask from Earth Therapeutics which I put in the freezer for 30 mins. It felt fantastic.

After 2 days the swelling was way down and I started to turn very red from the laser. Days 4 and 5 everything peeled off easily. Even though Aquafor does keep in the heat it really helps keep skin moist and aids the healing. It is now day 6 and I look almost normal just a little pink in areas. I also used Calendula gel under the Aquafor and took homeopathic calendula tablets which is a remedy for burns.

Between the laser and eye lift I have no lines around my eyes and my skin is very smooth. The acne scars are diminished but the deeper ones are still noticeable to me. They do say though that it takes time for the collagen to rebuild.

Overall I am very pleased so far and will report back in a few weeks.

Note - this is a serious procedure, make sure you go to a great doctor and give yourself at least a week to recover.

Hello Dear

I am 25 year old & very upset with my acne scars(these are not too deep) I have recently read abt Total Fx....but I am very much afraid of risks- hyper pigmentation, new scars, white spots...I have fair Indian skin...have you seen any case with Indian Skin... Whats your advise on its side effects??

Thanks for the update! Sounds like it worked out really well for you. Congrats. :)

Out of curiosity, do you have any pics you can share so we can all see your results?

An update now that it's been over 9 months since the procedure. Fine lines have continued to disappear and my skin tone has improved dramatically. Still have some deep scaring where I had previous acne scars but overall they are much smoother and diminished. Must wear sunscreen at all times as skin easily turns pink from the sun. It was definitely worth doing and people think I look about 10 years younger.