Short-scar Facelift and Eye Lid - Los Angeles, CA

I had my short-scar facelift and eye lids done 5...

I had my short-scar facelift and eye lids done 5 weeks ago. I look terrific already. I am 62 and never had anything done except some fillers once in awhile.

I had pain the first two days and really it was more discomfort than pain. Two days later the bandages are removed and you wear no chin strap or anything just still some tape on your cheeks. You can shower then. Some swelling,feels very tight on cheeks and head,mouth looks pulled and I had one bruise under one eye ;tape falls off in a week;go back in two weeks for him to see and then in a month. By then I was already looking great and the lumpiness in my cheeks had almost all smoothed out. Can't see any scar on face, just some milia (little bumps) under one eye and on lids. I still have a little milia (sp?)The mouth and face relaxed, feels less numb, I feel fine. Love how my jaw and face looks and my eyes look so much more open and younger but so natural no one notices . Much younger men are checking me out! Love that.

I now have a great jawline with no jowls and my neck is so much better, albeit I didn't have a "turkey neck" just some slack and crepiness. My cheeks now look like they did 10 or 15 yrs. ago. Very good. What's even better is that it all looks natural. No one even knows. There is no scar, just a little bump behind each ear lobe that you can't even see and barely feel.

I still have some numbness on the side of my face and head but this is normal. It takes a full 3 months to completely heal. The pulling around my mouth has now relaxed and looks natural and best of all,it looks like me! I look rested and younger but not different or freaky or shiny or "done". My eyelids are more open now but look natural with a crease (no flatness here) The scar is still healing but is easy to cover with eyeshadow. Under the eye I only had a tiny fatpad removed since all of the fatpad would have made my eyes look hollow underneath since I have high cheekbones and big cheeks. So the doctor has to be an artist as well as familiar with how to accomplish what you want. I told him again and again that I wanted to look rested and natural and already I think I look younger but it is MY younger self, not someone else. You must do research and look at photos of work the doctor has done and what his policy is. I would not go with some doctor that has been on TV and cares more about making $$ and building his ego than he does about you.

And please, Ladies, DO NOT GO TO LIFESTYLE LIFT. That is a turnstile franchise that takes doctors that are not board certified in facial plastic surgery and are more interested in quick quantity rather than quality. I've heard many horror stories about the outcomes. But be careful with any doctor and do your homework. The price above is "all in" including surgery center, anasthesilogist (also VERY important who your Doctor uses)etc. etc. etc.

Oops, I forgot that this price also included a...

Oops, I forgot that this price also included a temporal lift which helps lift the eye area. It is lifted from the very top of the forehead with 2 tiny incisions. After 5 weeks (tomorrow) both are healed and invisible. I had this done because I didn't want a forehead lift which I felt would make me look startled or unnatural but wanted my eye area lifted as well as my high cheekbones in that upper area.

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Just a wonderful man and the staff is so nice and down to earth. Great positive atmosphere,professional but oh so comfortable. Surgery center is next to office. Not a turnstile-type business like so many other plastic surgeons in LA. Dr. F also "fixes" the mistakes made by other doctors. Many photos to show this. He knows his stuff and knows what YOU need to look your best (and not to look like someone else). Can't say enough about the staff and nurses. All great.