relieved after swelling went down - Los Angeles, CA

I am 44 years old. i wanted to restore some volume...

i am 44 years old. i wanted to restore some volume loss in my cheeks and lower part of my face.

i recieved 1 vial of radiesse 4 weeks ago in my cheeks.i was immediately pleased with the results. my injector wanted to wait 4 weeks for the product to settle before touching up my cheeks and filling the bottom half of my face. yesterday i received one more vial in my cheeks and 1 vial in the bottom half of my face. i looked like a overfilled chipmunk and my mouth looked like a joker. i was freaked out and terrified because i knew this product could not be removed. i called my injector and they assured me that i will be fine once the swelling went down and the product settled after about 1 week.

i woke up the next morning still looking " very fake and odd". i even stayed home from work because i knew everyone i came in contact with would think i looked ridiculous and that i had something done. i took a shower about 3:00 p:m and started putting my makeup on and could actually tell the swelling was going down and i could tell that my face was starting to look normal again. i think within a couple more days it will look great.

i posting this to give some hope to some of you that might be freaked out like i was undoubtedly yesterday and this morning . just try to be patient and let the swelling go down. i do recommend getting this procedure done when you can take a few days off of work or an event so just in case you swell up and look weird for a couple of days that you may have that time to stay "indoors"

robbie25 - Please keep me posted as I'm anticipating going in again soon. Let me know if you like the way you look in 5 or 6 days. Thanks!
I feel a little better after reading your post. I just had Radiesse injected into my cheeks yesterday and i feel like a chipmunk. I'm hoping i wasn't over filled (they used 1.5 syringes)My husband hates the way i look right now & so do I. Hopefully i start looking normal soon!!!
Yes, I had the same concern when I had my first injection. It's a good idea to use an ice pack (like on your way home) and for the first 24 hours.