Had Pixel 13 months ago - Los Angeles, CA

Do not get any laser resurfacing treatment close...

Do not get any laser resurfacing treatment close to your period. I had Active FX (A similar treatment) twice before this .. .the first time was tolerable, and the next was absolutely awful - and my period had just started that day. My Pixel treatment was also horribly painful. I got my period the day after the treatment, and it definitely hurt like hell.

Aside from that, what can I tell you... I was swollen for days - looked like a red water balloon. My face was hot and needed lots of icing and Aquafor. The Aquafor sometimes felt soothing, sometimes it felt annoying on my skin... I'd let my skin dry a bit but then it got really tight and cracky so I'd use Aquafor again.

I did NOT look ready for primetime (ready to go out and see people) for 9 days. The redness and flaking were still intense.. I was still doing ice packs and needing Aquafor. Then I was still slightly flaky for these last couple days. 2 blisters developed on my chin a few days after treatment. The blisters became thick, tight, drive-you-crazy tight skin and it scabbed in 2 places. I started using Neosporin when they started to crack and scab. Those scabs are almost done coming off. I hope I don't scar from this.

My brown age spots have all diminished or disappeared. My skin looks pink and blotchy but very clear.

A last thing I am concerned with is the little dots. After treatment there are little dots on your face where the laser burns you.. These go from red to brown then fall off.. That happened, but now I have tiny raised dots all over my face in their place. They are the same color as my skin now, but I feel them when I touch my face, and they are visible if you stand close to me. This did not happen when I did Active FX. I'm wondering when this will go away.

One more difference from my Active FX experience is that there were a couple bloody spots right after treatment.. but these went away quickly.

So it's been a few months. The blisters around...

So it's been a few months. The blisters around my mouth healed fine! There are some spots where I can still see those little dots but they are very pale and they are going away. Also, below my eye there are some hard dots still that I can feel with my fingers... but they are also slowly going away, I hardly have any more.

All in all it worked. I feel I look rejuvenated, lots of my brown spots are gone, and my skin tightened. I even think my mini jowels are more mini... Slightly, but enough to make a subtle but positive difference in how I look. I've gotten compliments and an ex boyfriend said I look 30... I'm 41 and I know he exaggerated, but still that feels nice to hear.
The procedure really hurt, but if I had it to do over again, I'd schedule it further from my period, take more painkillers, and I'd definitely do it.

Now it's been about 6 months. Some of my brown...

Now it's been about 6 months. Some of my brown spots came back despite tons of sunscreen and sun avoidance. Not too bad, though, still have maintained tons of improvement on that front.

The area which blistered about a week after the treatment (near the corner or my mouth)has gone white. Yup, the pigment is gone in that exact spot. Happened maybe a couple months ago. I wonder if they went too crazay with the laser setting?

My last concern are the dots... I still have them 6 months later!! They are hard to see, but I obviously do not want them. Also, there are still some areas that feel raised to the touch. Unbelievable. My skin felt smoother overall before Pixel Perfect. It's like parts of my face have something written on my in Braile.

A friend said she had dots for ages but they went away, so it's taken me this long to freak out. I'm kinda freaked so I've called the spa and will go back for a consult.

Overall still feel that it made me look younger - my mini jowels are smaller and more collages for sure. Which I love. Just hope the negatives can go away!

I wrote most of this review 11 days > the...

I wrote most of this review 11 days > the treatment, fyi! It's been 13 months now and I am of the opinion that the elasticity and pigmentation were improved, but I am really upset that I still have little dots. Hard to see, but if you look close, you can see them.
Spa 7

Hey there, checking in to see how your overall results turned out.

+1 on not getting it done the week before up to three days after period starts. I asked my dermatologist/surgeon about this because while my first session was pretty tolerable, the second one which I had done the week before my period started was terribly painful! She said it's because skin is more sensitive around that time. :)
quick question; i had pixel laser co2 and eirbium 4 days ago - ive just recently noticed certain areas where it looks yellowish- any suggestions - is this a sign of infection?
Please give an update! Are the pixel marks gone? I am worried mine will last forever....it has been a month and I have skin crepiness too!
It's been 2 years and I did a series of microderm treatments, and this very expensive and painful peel called Comselan (painful for me anyway) and - still there. You have to look close, but, yup. Also the loss of pigment in the corner of my mouth in the shape of the pixel perfect head -- that is still there, too. It corrected a bit with Cosmelan, but not all the way. GO TO YOUR DR ASAP for follow-up. Let them know you are concerned and why, maybe they will comp some corrective treatments before you skin has a chance to "set" into this lovely polka-dotted scarification pattern? : )
Hey, I've had to Pixel treatments already, my first one went well, I was peeling a lot, but my face healed in five days. I just had my second one and I'm really concerned, as I have noticed that all the dots have turned brown and I'm not sure if they will come off, what is more concerning is that I have noticed some hyperpigmentation (brown spots and brown splotches ) on my forehead and left cheek that I have definitely not had before the treatment, I'm on my third day of healing and it seems like more spots are popping up. No such thing happened with my first treatment. Has anyone else had the same experience?
Today is March 3, 2012 and I had my pixel laser procedure last February 23, 2012. 10 days ago. In my opinion it's very much worth it! I'm from Vancouver BC and the cold weather helped. I didn't get any blisters and I didn't feel any burning sensation on my face. The worse thing was that my skin felt tight. That's it. I had to apply numbing creamon my face twice. An houbeans 30 minutes before the procedure starts. It helped a lot! No pain and no burning at all. I went to a very reputable laser centre with very good dermatologist and skin specialist. You guys should too. This is our face we're talking about here after all. Do your research well. Make sure that you're in good hands. Too bad I didn't take pictures of my before and after. But all I can say is I'm very happy with the results.

Hi i was thinking to get it done . I got acne scaring , where did u have urs done please and if u can update me with the result that would be helpful... good luck

Hi rizza,

How long did it take you to heal from this and be presentable with makeup?? Also, did you have indented scars or just sunspots? So interested in having this done.

hi there,

Do you mind to tell me where did you get yours done in BC? and how much was it? thank you.

Hi Rizza. Could you share how you found that this clinic was good. I am having a hard time finding info, they all claim they are good. I am in the Twin Cities, MN and am new in town. Thank you! Tatyana
Hi Tatyana
My comments were based in my experience from Vancouver Laser Clinic in BC Canada. I've done all the procedures Mentioned in this clinic. I have been a member of this clinic since 2009.
Hi Sarah232
I got the pixel laser treatment from Vancouver Laser Clinic in Vancouver BC Canada. It took 1 week for my face to completely heal. It took 3 days before I apply makeup. For the first 3 days the skin on my face was so dry I can only wear my moisturizer. After one week my skin looks rosy! It's been a month since I got the treatment and I say my skin has improved. I don't have acne to start with. I do have some scaring from pimples when I was younger but the scars were not deep. I am not sure if this will work for deep acne scars. Maybe several treatments will work but not just one.
Hi cdgirl
It took 1 week after the peeling stops. But the peeling is so conservative you will only notice when you look closet. The only reason you will notice that the pixel was done is because the skin is red. The redness subsides in 3-4 days and I was able to wear makeup after 3 days. I don't have deep scars though. I only have very light scars from pimples. I'm guessing if you have deeper scars then you have to get the treatment a few times.
Hi Asian
I got the pixel treatment at Vancouver Laser Centre in Vancouver BC Canada. I paid $300 for 1 treatment.
Rizza
Thanks, Rizza! Do you know if your procedure was ablative or non-ablative? I wonder what are the pros and cons of each. I am considering non-ablative lazer...
Tatyana
I know they turn up the laser with every treatment making it that much stronger so that your results are better. I would tell them that your skin did not tolerate the last setting very well. They should have documented that setting at your last apt. I have very sensitive skin and I know my setting was set much lower then most the first time.

Hi Rainbows,

Welcome tot he Pixel Laser community! Your info about not to have the laser during your period is interesting. No other community members have mentioned that, really good info for the community. Are you going to continue to get the laser in the future since everything worked so well for you? Please keep us updated and thanks for the pictures .

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt

I had the pixal done the day I started my period. Two of my friends both had pixals done the same day. I reacted much different. Much more swelling and pain. After 1 week scabs in 5 spots and horrible itching.
Wow- sounds familiar! Did you heal and get good results long term? I just finished an expensive peel that my derm said would get rid of the dots (still there 13 months later) and the dot's didn't budge : (
Has anyone found a cure for the itching? I just had my done 2 days ago and I think he itching is literally going to drive me insane. Thanks Sheri