Will Be Starting the Treatment - Los Angeles, CA

I have had melassma for 4 years. Will start on...

I have had melassma for 4 years. Will start on Triluma. Hydroquinone 4% did not work-made it worse.

Dr. Foster

Hydroquinone alone may not work. Our office recommends a combination protocol including Melapads, Melarase creams, and Melapeels.
I used for at least 3 months...It causes little spider veins, please be careful Tri-Luma is dangerous, Now I have melasma plus little spider veins.!
If the hydroquinone did not work and actually made it worse, you probably do not want to use Tri-Luma. Tri-Luma has 4% hydroquinone in it and if you read up on hydroquinone, it can cause permanent hyperpigmentation. I will not use that stuff, maybe you should talk to your derm about other medicines that do not have that in it. Good luck!

Hi guys

I have melasma for four years now. I tried Triluma, Meladerm, clinique, peals, and laser but nothing worked. I am so tired with it! Please! there's anyone can help me? Let me know.

HI gul,

You mentioned you would start on Triluma, did it work? Hopefully things are feeling better today. We'd love to hear more.

Thanks,