Very Happy with Fraxel Restore - Los Angeles, CA

My doctor recommended the Fraxel Restore because...

My doctor recommended the Fraxel Restore because my skin didn't need anything drastic, just something to help even the tone. Also, I just started getting cystic acne (at my age!) and every time I get a zit, it turns into a scar. So yes, I wanted these new additions to my face to be gone!

I was, however, really really concerned about getting Fraxel after reading all of the negative feedback on it. I have lightish olive skin and I wasn't sure if it was the right thing for me. I went into the office the day before the procedure to address my concerns. They assured me that the new Fraxel Restore is not as harsh as the Repair, etc. etc., and that I had nothing to worry about. I went ahead with it.

I am a big baby about pain, so I made that totally clear ahead of time. They gave me the numbing cream and a pain killer to take 30 minutes before the procedure.

The pain was about a 2 or 3 - the only parts that were uncomfortable were my eyebrows and other parts I didn't think to cover as well with the numbing cream. But it was totally tolerable and not bad at all.

I stayed indoors for 3 days while it cleared up; it never hurt or was uncomfortable. By the 5th day I could easily wear make-up and my skin looked so great I started wearing lighter coverage make-up than I usually do. It feels so nice to not have such heavy make-up on my face to even out my skin!

Now it's been two weeks - I get so many compliments on my appearance. I have tried so many pricey products but nothing has made my skin look this great. The only negative thing I could possibly say is that 2 of my stubborn scars didn't go away completely.

I know this doesn't work for everyone. Luckily, I had a very positive experience and would gladly do it again as needed.

**I wanted to get this review up - I have not gotten the photos of myself off my husband's camera yet - I will post them this weekend.

Hi, please could you share the information ( phone and address) from from where you got done the fraxel?
Thank you!
Hi Femlin, Can you tell the name of the place where you get the fraxel done please. I google the name of dr. Sundaram and shows that he works at the los Feliz med spa. I'm considering to do the same treatment. I will apprecciate if you can share his info. Thank you
Thanks for writing back so fast. I know that the doctor went very deep on me because I had a lot of brown spots. I also had a neck lift at the same time. That was fine and I am happy with what he did as far as the laser went. The only thing is maybe because of my age 75years old It is taking a lot longer for it to heal, Where did you have yours done. Keep in touch
Dr Sundaram

I like Dr. S. One of the reasons I went ahead with the Fraxel was the fact that they never do anything drastic or phoney to my appearance. He was very careful, the machine was on a light setting, and he always made sure I was comfortable before we continued.