Fantastic Surgeon - Los Angeles, CA

Dr. Ellenbogen did a facelift, rhinoplasty, lip...

Dr. Ellenbogen did a facelift, rhinoplasty, lip lift. lower blethroplasty and fat grafting on me.  That was over 3 months ago. I felt almost no pain after the surgery and only used  2 pain pills total after the surgery--just as a precaution even though I was not feeling pain just slight discomfort.  The first week I was very swollen but after that the sweeling went down quickly.

Once all the swelling was gone, the results were postive far beyond my expectations.

If you are considering having plastic surgery, I would advise you not to do it unless you believe it is really necessary and you really want it. For me, surgery was necessary. Any surgery has risks. But if you are going to do it, I believe Dr. Ellenbogen is absolutely the best surgeon I have known, read about, or heard about.

The most important things I can tell you are to find out and understand all the risks and to have your surgeon take photos of you and use software to show you with the photos exactly how he/she believes you would appear after the surgery. If you rely only on a surgeon's spoken or written description of how he/she believes you will appear, after the surgery you might find that the surgeon had a much different idea of what you wanted than you actually did. You absolutely do not want that.

Dr. Ellenbogen took photos and then showed me on the photos how I would appear after the surgery. You should have your surgeon show you the intended result both in profile and from the front, like Dr. Ellenbogen did.

Please realize that no surgeon, even Dr. Ellenbogen, is perfect. You have to be realistic and not expect perfection, only a positive result. You also have to have patience while the swelling goes down. I feel so fortunate because Dr. Ellenbogen came close to perfection with me and even exceeded the positive change in my appearance that he had predicted in the photos he had shown me before the surgery of the surgical result he intended.

Try to talk to actual patients of a surgeon you are considering if you can--in many cases the staff can arrange for you to talk with former patients. Good luck and God bless you.

Isn't he just amazing!!!!! He did my rhinoplasty about 10 years ago and now I'm ready to get a mini face lift with him....I am kind of nervous as I'm only I'm my thirties ....but your post gives me the confidence to go for it, as he would not steer me wrong. Thanks.
Hi gqgqr

So nice to read about your positive outcome! CONGRATS, and i am really going to look into coming shortly to LA & will def. look at this Dr E for his opinion _I too want a facelift-

I would really appreciate some foto's , and i will give u my private email address for them...PLS it will be so helpful..As i will be all alone there in LA & someone who knows this could be so helpful...

its a big descion for me, but a necessary one for my self-esteem i feel...

Many Thanks
kind warm regards

Anthea barak --antz101@gmail.com

Thanks for sharing your story, gqgqr. We'd love to see your final results too, if you have any photos you can post.

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

This note is difficult to write because it is hard to find words that adequately describe the fantastic surgical result I had with Dr. Ellenbogen. He is an artistic and surgical genius. He was able to do what no surgeon before had been able to do-- figure out a way to radically improve my appearance. I almost did not get surgery from Dr. Ellenbogen because of negative reviews that had been posted on various websites (it appeared that they might have been written by the same person using different names, which was suspicious). I had had a horrific plastic surgery experience in 1987 from a different surgeon and I did not want to take any chance of going through something like that. Because of those negative posts, I did an incredible amount of research before deciding to select Dr. Ellenbogen. I read countless medical journal articles, talked to other highly respected plastic surgeons, and did many other things to try to get to the truth. After all that research I concluded that he was among the best plastic surgeons not just in the country but on the planet. After the surgery I happened to talk to a nurse who provides aftercare for the patients of over 25 different plastic surgeons in the L.A. area. I asked her if she could go to any surgeon she wanted--anywhere-- who would she choose. Without hesitation she replied, "Dr. Ellenbogen, because he is the very best." I wish I had known her before the surgery because I could have avoided having to do so much research, because she not only has observed the surgical results of these doctors herself, she also has nurse and doctor friends who also know who the very best surgeons really are. He has an incredibly kind staff in his office and they were especially helpful in the days after the surgery. If you have any questions, you can email me and I will try to respond. I normally do not post notes on the Web anywhere. I am going to try and post this note on as many Websites as I can because Dr. Ellenbogen was so kind to me and I appreciate so much all he did for me. Good luck and God bless you.