Electrolysis on Upper Lip and Sideburns - Worth It if You Go to the Right Place - Los Angeles, CA

I would not do laser on my face, especially with...

I would not do laser on my face, especially with darker skin and finer hairs. I heard too many horror stories about excessive hair growth, so I went with electrolysis.

I got electrolysis done on my face (upper lip, sideburns). You REALLY have to be consistent with treatments (going in about once a week) to see results after about 9 months. My upper lip is quite stubborn but I have seen a good amount of hair reduced, if not permanently gone. I did slack off on some of the treatments here though. It definitely HURTS, numbing cream is a must for the upper lip in my opinion. My sideburns were embarrassing and long before, now they are gone and I do not feel embarrassed to put my hair up anymore! They really improved drastically, and I'm pleased with the results.

Just be consistent, go to someone GOOD (do lots of research! ask lots of questions!) and you will get results. You should not have burning, scarring, or pitting if you go to someone qualified who knows your skin sensitivity.

Do you have to shave the hair before and let it grow or can they do it straight on my blonde facial hair

Could I give the name of the perosn who did your electrolysis? I am trying to find a skillful and experienced person but there are not many reviews for people in the LA area. Thanks

Good results, made sure I was comfortable