A Very Young Looking 50 - Los Angeles, CA

I initially booked a consultation for eye wrinkles...

I initially booked a consultation for eye wrinkles and expression lines around the eyes. The Dr. said to do voluma and said that I was really going to love the results/ pretty much that will take care of it! I was so nervous about it because I never had injections or anything done on my face, but I did! The first day it look fabulous around the eyes, but as the days passed the wrinkles were more noticeable , my cheeks look better! However, I really did not care about my cheeks! I have a round face and have big cheeks anyway. The problem is still there! I Don't know what to do?? I went back to the Dr. who treated me and said I need it something else done! So i'm thinking why he did not say that in the beginning instead of injecting Voluma? I'm so unhappy! Bigger cheeks and tired looking!

Thanks for posting. Always helps to hear others experiences. I asked an Allergan worker and they said apparently the disclaimer to it lasting two years is that touch ups are done every six months. I agree I think belotero looks best around the eyes for eye wrinkles.
I've just had voluma injected too and I think they are going to have some kinks to work out with this new filler! I think its great you shared your story, its important for people to know things can go wrong and the importance of having someone who knows how to fix it if that happens. Radiesse is my absolute favorite filler, nothing else looks as beautiful in the areas of the face that need volumizing BUT be aware that it cannot be removed with hyaluronic acid. Which means if your doc accidentally occludes or compresses a blood vessel with it, it may require surgery to remove. I'm really not that impressed with Voluma but am trying it because of it being safer than Radiesse. Radiesse is thick and hard to work with for doctors, which means even a good injector can sometimes make the mistake of occluding or compressing a blood vessel. Actually the best filler for the under eye area is Belotero which is a Merz Aesthetic product (the manufacturer of Radiesse). Belotero is very thin, fine, good for more superficial injection like fine lines and wrinkles. It supposedly does not last long, but most people I've talked to love the results.
This is great information. It's important this network keeps women informed. I've been on the antibiotic three times per day, for six days now. The swelling has improved, but is not gone. I still have pain in the centralized area where the physician injected the hyaluronic acid. The pain is a four to five on the pain scale, but last week it hit a nine at times. I also have some tingling on my right cheek. I fell so insecure with the clinic where I went that I am going to talk with my dermatologist today. I'm scheduled to leave on a trip this Wednesday, but I'm concerned about traveling and ending up with major problems away from home.
Perhaps Restylane under the eyes might help any hollowness you perceive? As far as wrinkles, Botox can often really help if not fully resolve wrinkles like crows feet. Dr. Hoenig is a very skilled oculoplastic surgeon in Bev. Hills. He is $$$, but he specializes in the eye area. Best of luck to you! :)
I just spent more in L.A. for Voluma. I can't tell if its a bad injector or the product. My wrinkle look worse also, I have bumps where I didn't before. Not happy. I am going in and having them fix it. It can be injected w/ another substance to remove, I think, hope
Yes, you can have the Voluma dissolved if you're not happy ... I was told that today when I researched it.
My journey with Voluma has been a challenging experience. I had Voluma injections in January. The Dr was aggressive with an area in the crease on my right cheek, which resulted in an infection. After two Z-packs the Dr had to incise the infection. After the incised area healed the Dr used Hyaluronidase to dissolve the Voluma, which by the way, is very painful. It hurt for two days. This procedure was March 22nd. At the same time, the Dr filled my right check with Juvederm so my checks would look the same. I now have another infection, in the area where she injected the Hyaluronidase. The right side of my face is very swollen. I'm on Cephalexin three times per day. I have been in constant discomfort and pain for three and a half months. This is a difficult emotional journey. I strive to be a mindful person and not let fear be a part of my experience. It's great to look youthful, but it's important to be emotionally equipped if things go wrong. I'll keep you updated. The best of experience to all who are considering treatments.
It has been an awful experience for me as well. My initial doctor had no experience with adverse reactions and let me leave the office with a lump. I have been on antibiotics but he said if it was a Biofilm infection, antibiotics wouldn't make a difference. I had to find another doctor who said the risk for a problem goes up when people have these fillers multiple times. I have now had 3 visits to dissolve the voluma and restylane and it is painful. I went yesterday and I get a severe headache everytime after this. I wanted to be refunded for the cost since my doctor said he didn't know what to do and will have to take him to court since he will only consider it if I sign a release. I never thought this would happen 2 months later but I was concerned right after the injection which had a blister like sac under my eye, the same one I have now. No one should have filler put in right after and my new doctor said to wait at least 4 months before considering anything. Did anyone have to sign a release before getting Voluma?
Thanks for sharing.  What did the doctor want you to do to fix it?  A different filler?  Let us know what you decided!
Hyaluronidase which breaks down Voluma also breaks down your bodies natural hyaluronic acid. You may want to ask if having the Volumna removed will make you appear older. The loss of hyaluronic acid in our skin causes aging and folds.
I went in and they say it will go down [swelling] so I will wait. Also a suggestion for more filler under what they did.
Do you think you will do more filler like they suggested?  Is the swelling getting better?  Hope you are happier with your results now that a few days have passed, it is so frustrating when you don't get the results you were expecting/paid for.
Yes after a month they are gone. I think I will do Radiesse next time, see if it really lasts 2 years, as thet say.
My doctor didn't know what to do and suggested finding someone who does. This coudn't be dissolved and have had 2 injections of antibiotics and have taken them orally for 7 weeks now. I will need surgery to get this out and I look extremely hollow with excess skin and the kidney shaped granuloma is horrible. I am exhausted from this and pray everyday that this nightmare will be over. I think everyone on this site should get together for a class action suit against the company. The should make sure that every doctor has specific training when injecting these fillers in the tear trough area and should have an FDA warning that there is a much higher risk in this area. Once something goes wrong, it is not as easy as they claim, just dissolve it and everything will be fine.