I Don't See Much Improvement of my Blemishes N Acne Scars - Los Angeles, CA

Vi peel wasn't 'painless' I am 19 years old, have...

Vi peel wasn't 'painless'
I am 19 years old, have suffered acne since I was 15, I have so many blemishes that just simply won't go away..
I was on acne.org regimen it worked but once I stop using it my acne came back..anyways I've had 3 chemical peel+blue light treatment
The first time I had the treatment done it worked amazing my skin looked great, glowing and pinkish.. But the second n third time just weren't enough,I didn't see any dramatic changes..

So my doctor suggested the vi peel which is a deeper peel, she said i only needed one or two peel, just like when she first suggested the chemical peel..

Anyways,

First day,
After 41/2 hours my face looked irritated , so red and stung sooo bad I was scared, so then I had to wash my face with cold water, my doctor did not tell me to wash off the solution after 4 hours..anyways my face just felt tight..

I was cleaning the house at night and accidentally rubbed my chin and this huge chunk of skin came off.. I had noticed that my skin has already started to peel..

Day 2

Peeling more on my chin and mouth area cuz that's where we talk n eat..just more movement..(my doctor said some people experience extreme itchiness) my experience is I did not feel itchy at all anyways

Btw when I applied the towletetts it stung !!!
Took a shower and face was just peeling,
Day3
I look gross and scary!
The post peel creme stung bad

Day 4
Peeling has stopped

Eyelids r red and painful, irritated .. Messed up my eyelids, my eyes were swalloned and now I have one monolid and One triple lid..lol

Day 5
Eyes are back to normal but eyelids r still messed up

Day 6
Still some flaky skin ,
The result was not dramatic, tiny bit of improvement but I feel that it's not really worth it..
I mean It did Improve a little but not as dramatic as I had expected, since so many people are happy with the result..

For us with acne blemishes and scars we are desperate, we are willing to try anything .. We don't care how much it hurts we just want a acne free face.. But the vi peel..ugh the week was not painless, I hated how tight my face felt and it really stung when I applied the post peel creme..

I just hope my eyelids will be back to normal in the next few days, it really scares me tho having the thought of lookin like this for the rest of my life...cuz I had the perfect double eyelids..

Anyways, I hope nobody experience irritated eyes, cuz it hurts so bad both physically n emotionally..

I might try laser next..
Will not get a second vi peel, I really really hate the feeling..

I'm not saying u shouldn't get one, it does improved my skin a little bit but not much,my blemishes r still present,
Prefer not to say

She's great

This is a great review! I love the detail you shared with us - so helpful!

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling with acne. I've battled it since pre-teen years so I definitely feel your pain. You mentioned you were seeing a doctor, which is good. I'm assuming its a dermatologist, but if not I would strongly encourage you to search out a good board certified derm to go to in your area.

I'll be hoping your acne clears up for you!!