On to a Revision...primary Was Very Poorly Done - Los Angeles, CA

Hello, I chose a pair of surgeons in LA to do my...

Hello, I chose a pair of surgeons in LA to do my primary. I ended up with a very conspicuous graft that must be removed, a retracted columella and retracted nostrils. I will now have to have a revision that will take at least 3.5-6 hours in the OR and cost upwards of $11,000.

I had a primary with this doctor a couple of years...

I had a primary with this doctor a couple of years ago. I ended up with a retracted columella because my cartilages were sewn up to the septum even though I didn't have a long nose. My nose was flat along the bottom (flat infralobule tip). The alar base reduction left my nostril contours a bit off/wonky, with a slight notching. I had visible grafts showing through my skin. I guess they weren't the right choice for me.

so much regret about this choice

I was thinking back to when I chose these two doctors. I thought I had really done my research well but I would give anything to have bolted out the door that morning even if it cost me $8000. I had to go by the building again recently and I had a visceral response and felt nauseous. All of their negative reviews get filtered. I am happy to share the results of my primary with them and you can judge for yourself. Please always get photos from real patients. This is truly the only way to decide.

"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark"

Hi, to everyone out there who is searching for a surgeon, please be sure to go by more than many positive reviews that are from users who join and post only once or twice or gush about their amazing results but don't share photos. Be cautious, wary, and wise when making your decision.
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon

I chose this provider based on the photo gallery however I neglected to see pictures from actual patients and search for filtered or hidden reviews. I fell for good marketing instead of experience. It is hard to trust a surgeon again. I feel like I have to almost educate myself in terms of techniques and terminology so that I can understand what will be done before my revision. If you are going to get rhinoplasty, do extensive research and talk to real patients! Search under every rock for reviews as many surgeons try to "hide" or filter the negative reviews.

Updated on 28 Jan 2013:
I liked the photo gallery.