On to a Revision...primary Was Very Poorly Done - Los Angeles, CA

Hello, I chose a pair of surgeons in LA to do my...

Hello, I chose a pair of surgeons in LA to do my primary. I ended up with a very conspicuous graft that must be removed, a retracted columella and retracted nostrils. I will now have to have a revision that will take at least 3.5-6 hours in the OR and cost upwards of $11,000.

I had a primary with this doctor a couple of years...

I had a primary with this doctor a couple of years ago. I ended up with a retracted columella because my cartilages were sewn up to the septum even though I didn't have a long nose. My nose was flat along the bottom (flat infralobule tip). The alar base reduction left my nostril contours a bit off/wonky, with a slight notching. I had visible grafts showing through my skin. I guess they weren't the right choice for me.

so much regret about this choice

I was thinking back to when I chose these two doctors. I thought I had really done my research well but I would give anything to have bolted out the door that morning even if it cost me $8000. I had to go by the building again recently and I had a visceral response and felt nauseous. All of their negative reviews get filtered. I am happy to share the results of my primary with them and you can judge for yourself. Please always get photos from real patients. This is truly the only way to decide.
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon

I chose this provider based on the photo gallery however I neglected to see pictures from actual patients and search for filtered or hidden reviews. I fell for good marketing instead of experience. It is hard to trust a surgeon again. I feel like I have to almost educate myself in terms of techniques and terminology so that I can understand what will be done before my revision. If you are going to get rhinoplasty, do extensive research and talk to real patients! Search under every rock for reviews as many surgeons try to "hide" or filter the negative reviews.

Updated on 28 Jan 2013:
I liked the photo gallery.

thanks for the update Krickett. Will you be updating your revision review as well? I hope it worked out for you. Best wishes.
Yes, I should do that.If you send me your e-mail I can send you a link to my album if you'd like. I haven't updated it in a while. Hope you are well!
Hi, have you had the chance to look into surgeons for your revision or have you changed your mind? Hope you're well!
Thanks Faith and Angie. Yes, it has been disappointing though I haven't had a collapse or suffered breathing problems so I am thankful for that and know it could be worse. I expected that I would be fine since I researched for a good couple of years, had an in-person consult and didn't go to some local dr who only does a handful of noses a year. I would just implore anybody to really try to see results from actual patients and hear about real experiences. I am hopeful that my revision will go well. Thanks again for your thoughtful comments!

I'm sorry you're not happy with your experience the first time around. Thank you for sharing.

Hi Kricket, I'm very sorry to hear your experience as it sounds a lot like mine. I looked to my doctor for the answers verses doing my own homework. I was naive and always thought of doctors as people who are there to help your verses the sales person many of them are. I too have learned the hard way and now know to look at filtered reviews and to contact these individuals. So much trickery with the before/after pictures, etc. I know there must be many honest talented plastic surgeons but it is devastating for those of us who trusted the wrong ones. Best of luck to you finding a good one the second time around.