Perfect Nose, Less Than Perfect Experience - Los Angeles, CA

8 months post-op and I am in LOVE with the results...

8 months post-op and I am in LOVE with the results. My nose looks natural and perfect at the same time, and people I see regularly don't believe I've had surgery even when I tell them. My mother even forget, and she flew out to help me recover!

Dr. Motykie is pricey, about double the national average from the looks of it. Save your money and pay him in cash or with a 2-year payment plan if you absolutely must. Don't let interest start to collect, you'll have regrets. I paid over $14k, although that included close to $3k for chin/neck liposuction. The chin liposuction was something I requested and the results are very nice.

The day before surgery, Dr. Motykie offered to do fat grafting under my eyes for no additional charge. I couldn't say no, but I wish I had. I have full cheeks and hollow under-eye circles, but this added to my cheeks and only lightly masked my circles, and now I think it looks a little unnatural. YMMV, but my suggestion is to treat this like the *real surgery* that it is, and not the bonus beauty treatment it felt like it was to me. Lots of people who get this done are unhappy. I definitely wish I could go back in time and not get the facial fat grafting.

Now you know everything! I have a beautiful, natural nose and even with the challenges of this experience, I would pick Dr. Motykie again.

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

I knew I wanted to have primary rhinoplasty, and recalled the beautiful results I'd seen again and again from Dr. Motykie when he appeared on the Dr. 90210 reality show. Seeing more of his work made it a no-brainer to select him as a surgeon. If you are wanting primary rhinoplasty, I couldn't recommend Dr. Motykie any more highly, and if you were my friend - I would literally force you to go to him over another surgeon. That being said, it isn't all roses. He earned his 5 stars, but if you're reading this review you should know the problems I did have. First, I'm an out of town patient and their office support is really set up for people there in person. It took me 3 months from the time of my consultation to get a quote that included what my insurance would cover (deviated septum). The office is incredibly busy, and the staff spends most of the day with patients scheduled for surgery. I wish I had traveled to the office for my consultation, that way I would have met everyone and had a better understanding of the fact that everyone is sweet and hard-working. I can easily label this office understaffed. You really have to be on top of them. They barely got my insurance claim in on time. If they had actually been in my network and subject to the usual 90 day time limit, I'm fairly certain I would have been screwed. You prepay them, but insurance can deny a claim on really thin grounds. My advice is to assume you'll get nothing from insurance and consider it a bonus if you do. I truly believe he is a visionary, an artist, and a master when it comes to noses. It might sound like a bit much to say, but I promise it is the absolute truth. :)

Hi- I sent you a PM, but haven't heard back. Was hoping to hear more about your experience? Please feel free to PM me. Thanks!
Hi there, would you be willing to share photos? I am stuck between Dr. Motykie and Dr. G. thank you!
Hi Henlei- I sent you a PM as well. Please contact me and let me know how you're doing. This is such a scary & tough process. Hope you are well!
I wouldn't recommend Dr. G at all! Even though I've not had any experience with Dr. Motykie, I would still lean more toward him than Grigoryants since Grigoryants has absolutely no regard for what the patient wants. Instead he shaped my nose the way he saw fit.

Thanks for your great review! We'd love to see your before and after photos so we can visualize your transformation (You can blur out your eyes, of course, if that makes you more comfortable).