freaked out !!! - Los Angeles, CA

I had restalyne aprox .3 cc from a .5cc syringe i...

I had restalyne aprox .3 cc from a .5cc syringe i purchased injected yesterday into my bottom lip only (my top lip I was happy with ) i felt confident and looked good enough to return to work. That evening I had very little swelling, I woke up at 1am to find my lip had swollen uncontrolabley and looked like a sausage! Quickly I grabbed a Budweiser can out of the fridge and used it as a cold compress ,I just moved and didn't have ice in the freezer. I freaked out to say the least, I text my boss knowing there was no way I could show my face at work. Needless to say the bud helped ...I fell asleep (finally ) at 5am and woke up at 7am to find the swelling had subsided about 30-40%! I'm ecstatic.
If you've recently had lip augmentation please expect swelling and don't panic I assure u my swelling was horrifying and is still quite big but it will get better.

I would definitely do it again given that the swelling goes down just a little more which I anticipate it will after seeing the dramatic decrease from last night to this morning.

@ rjandtm,Post pictures when you get it done..I'm sure it will be just fine!
With all the negative comments I've heard and read on here and after much consideration and feeling of reluctance, I held my breath and went for it! I am not happy with my results though and felt like I got ripped off! I had radiesse injected in my cheeks to soften the lines just like how rjandtm had described hers and juvederm injected on my smile lines, a lil tiny bit on the corners of my mouth, and my lips both top & bottom. They used a total of 3 syringes and the cost was $1700.00!!! I can't believe I spent that kind of money on something that I can hardly see any difference! Although my lips are very subtle change not the way I expected it but the hollowness along the corners of my eyes and the lines going down my cheeks are totally the same absolutely nothing has improved there! I loved the way I looked on the first day you can really see the changes it improved my look so much and I was so excited thinking I was going to look even better after the enitial swelling goes down but shortly after the very next day everything started to settle down way too quickly to the point everything disappeared, so now I'm back to looking the way I did and it hasn't even been a month yet!! When I went back for my follow-up visit my doctor told me that the results varies from patient to patient it all depends on how the chemicals reacts to my body so nothings guaranteed. I told him it would have been nice to be informed of that vital information before deciding to do this! I regret so much for wasting my money but by the same token I should be more thankful that nothing bad happened to me like some people have to go through. I've been itching to try this for several years and now that I did it's out of my system and also to look on the bright side it's almost like a blessing in disguise, because I'm not in love with the way it turned out I won't be addicted to getting fillers done annually or whenever I need it. I rather save my money and get a face lift someday or something more permanent that would be worth more my time and money!!!!!!
I too want to get it done and pretty much feel like Helen,,,so confused. I hear all the good and bad comments. I wonder if it makes a differernce where you get it done.
I am so sorry to hear with what your going though, I wonder where it went wrong? I have the same issue with my face and I've been wanting to get the same procedure done but I hear the same thing over and over and so reluctant to make the same mistake and then I hear others so happy with their results, I just don't know. Maybe I should play it safe and just do nothing but I dont want to, augggggg!!!!! What should I do????
I would not do it unless your face bothers you so much that your self esteem is affected by the way you feel when you look at yourself in the mirror AND no expert makeup will conceal some of the flaw you feel you have. If you still want to have it done-find the most renowed, affulent in stature plastic surgeon you can go to. Expect a long wait if you want to see that person. That's what I'm doing in September. I have a consultation with a pretty famous celebrity plastic surgeon who I'm waiting to see personally to show him all of the prior pictures of what happened, get his opinion and would also like his consultation for future treatments. I think I'll be ok then! Good Luck
I had a restylane injection treatment done which the doctor said would fill in the hollowish line that runs from just under say the inner corner of the eyes down into the cheek area.And a little extra into deep lines above and below my lips.
It was the worst experience I ever had. It was done at 10 a.m. in the morning and by 4 p.m. it was severely bruising, swelling etc. By the next day it looked like I got beat with a baseball bat. My eyes were swollen half shut I had to huge black eyes, pain, swelling and my lips looked 3 times the size. It was extremely scary. I had no aspirin products whatsoever or fish oils 10 days prior to this treatment. That lasted eventually getting a tiny bit better over the next 10 days. It's been 5 weeks now and I have a bubble under one eye, bags under my eyes which I never had before and still have dark lines. I have photos that show the stages. The doctor said she never saw anything like it in 8 years of doing the injections. She assured me totally that everything would get completely better, lumps would go away, etc. I see her again next week which will be 6 weeks from treatment. I told her I am so depressed, extremely upset and regret having ever had this done. If I had any inkling that side effects could possibly be that extreme I would never, ever have done this. And I wish I never did. My dark lines were not that bad to begin with.
No she tells me it can be removed! Removed? I'll obviously have to do research on that now and try to get another consultation with someone else for a 2nd opinion.
How long does this last? Did you experience any other side effects?

I appreciate you sharing with us that you had some pretty extreme swelling, but that it did go down. Seeing something like that can be so frightening, as you're not sure if its "normal" or not.

Do you think you will continue using Restylane from here on out, or is it too soon for you to decide?