Horrible Veneer Prep - Los Angeles, CA

I want to have a decent smile. I had veneers 2...

I want to have a decent smile. I had veneers 2 times before. The first time was just bonding and looked bad, I lived with it for 8 yrs then redid and was ok with them. Now I'm finished with braces and went for the vener prep. My teeth were left in pegs. I can't believe it. I thought I was aware of what the procedure entailed. Dds did not tell me this or I would not have done it. Dds keeps saying it will be fine when the veneers are on. Has anyone gone thru this?

I can definitely understand why you would feel shaken up after seeing your teeth prepped for veneers if it wasn't something you were expecting. I'm assuming temporary veneers were put on in between the appointment they prepped your teeth, and your delivery appointment, is that right?

Prepping is common, as some of the tooth structure has to be removed to make room for the veneer or your teeth would look bulky. Here is a Q&A that touches on prepping veneers to help give you a sense of how common it is.

When do you get your permanent veneers placed?

I did get a temp. I just can't believe that so much tooth was removed! I was under the impression that the lab did most of the work. I'm worried that someday I will need root canals for a couple of the teeth that were over prepped. I get my veneers on fri. The 12 and I will let you know how it comes out.

Hoping your appointment went well today and that you are liking the way the veneers came out - thinking of you! :)