Horrible Veneer Prep - Los Angeles, CA

I want to have a decent smile. I had veneers 2...

I want to have a decent smile. I had veneers 2 times before. The first time was just bonding and looked bad, I lived with it for 8 yrs then redid and was ok with them. Now I'm finished with braces and went for the vener prep. My teeth were left in pegs. I can't believe it. I thought I was aware of what the procedure entailed. Dds did not tell me this or I would not have done it. Dds keeps saying it will be fine when the veneers are on. Has anyone gone thru this?

I can definitely understand why you would feel shaken up after seeing your teeth prepped for veneers if it wasn't something you were expecting. I'm assuming temporary veneers were put on in between the appointment they prepped your teeth, and your delivery appointment, is that right?

Prepping is common, as some of the tooth structure has to be removed to make room for the veneer or your teeth would look bulky. Here is a Q&A that touches on prepping veneers to help give you a sense of how common it is.

When do you get your permanent veneers placed?

I did get a temp. I just can't believe that so much tooth was removed! I was under the impression that the lab did most of the work. I'm worried that someday I will need root canals for a couple of the teeth that were over prepped. I get my veneers on fri. The 12 and I will let you know how it comes out.

Hoping your appointment went well today and that you are liking the way the veneers came out - thinking of you! :)

I finally got the veneers. They look good. The whole thing was intense. I say it is not for the faint of heart. If I had known that I was going to lose half of each tooth I would of shopped around more.

I'm so glad they came out well!! I'm still sorry you were so stunned by the process though. :-/ How is eating and drinking with them feeling?

They feel natural, I do need to go back and have the dentist work on a couple spots on the back. I didn't feel these spots when I was in the chair.

Yeah, it makes sense you would notice some things that might need a little more adjusting afterwards. Plus, unless they sit you up, you are feeling your bite while you are laying back and your jaw could be shifted back a bit, making things feel a little different too.

Thank you for an update, I'm considering veneers as well, so that's important for me to know that other ppl achived the smile they wanted, would you mind posting a picture of your veneers