Juvederm Under Eyes - Los Angeles, CA

I need to warn these of you who consider filler...

I need to warn these of you who consider filler injections. DON'T do it with the Stafford sisters. I had it done two years ago, it cost me $1200 and a lot of suffering and shame. When the swelling didn't go away after a month, Dr. Stafford recommended drinking coffee and taking Excedrin extra strength daily for two weeks. The result: the swelling still didn't go away and during my next period I was fainting due to very heavy bleeding. A physician told me that Excedrin is a blood thinner and the recommendation to take it daily for 2 weeks was ridiculous. I was seen by three other plastic surgeons, they all said the filler had been injected too superficial and should be removed. I contacted Dr. Stafford and showed her the lumps under my eyes, but she refused to admit she did anything wrong and refused to remove the filler! I had to remove it elsewhere and pay for it, it took three injections to do so. I had to find a surgeon who would clean up Dr. Stafford's mess. He later injected Restylane under my eyes, I finally look normal and can smile again! He also said that the previous filler wasn't injected deep enough and there was way too much of it. Dr. Stafford's conduct and lack of response was unacceptable, please avoid!

Juvaderm under eyes Dr. Stafford

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

I need to warn these of you who consider filler injections under eyes, I do not recommend having it done with Dr. Stafford. I had the filler injections two years ago, it cost me $1200 and a lot of suffering and shame. When the swelling didn't go away after a month, Dr. Stafford recommended drinking coffee and taking Excedrin extra strength daily for two weeks. The result: the swelling still didn't go away and during my next period I was fainting due to very heavy bleeding, which never happened before. Another physician told me that Excedrin is a blood thinner and the recommendation to take it daily for 2 weeks was ridiculous. I was seen by three other plastic surgeons, they all said the filler had been injected too superficial and should be removed. I contacted Dr. Stafford and showed her the lumps under my eyes, but she refused to admit she did anything wrong and refused to remove the filler. I had to remove it elsewhere and pay for it, it took three injections to do so. I had to find a surgeon who would clean up Dr. Stafford's mess. He later injected Restylane under my eyes, I finally look normal and can smile again! He also said that the previous filler wasn't injected deep enough and there was way too much of it. Dr. Stafford's conduct and lack of response was unacceptable, so please think twice about having this procedure done by this doctor.

as it's been said many times, there's a reason it's called a medical 'practice'...even docs have to learn. sorry you landed on the wrong end of things.
yeah, looking again, there's way too much material in there. (i think it can be injected with a chemical to help dissolve it away quicker. go see an experienced doc on this one.)
i had juvaderm done under my eyes. from the pics let me say, it looks like you were WAY over injected. it looks like the doc did 1m under each eye! my doc did a series of small puncture injections under each eye, and she used VERY little material. the skin under the eyes plumps up a lot. if you paid $1200, sounds to me like you had two 1 ml syringes @ $600 each. THAT'S WAY TOO MUCH MATERIAL. i suspect both eyes could have been done using one1/2 ml juvaderm syringe-@ 1/4 the cost.
Sorry to hear about your 'botch job'. I've had a few poor outcomes also, but not under my eyes. The docs get defensive, and act as if they did nothing wrong. Now I truly know why people say they have a God complex. Not all of them are that way, but the majority seem to be. Am glad you finally got the results you wanted! Can you tell me who Dr was that finally injected Restylane correctly under your eyes? Thanks so much.

I'm sorry to hear how you were feeling. Its good that it sounds like you are pleased with how things look at this point.