32 Year Old and So Happy with my New Hairline! - Los Angeles, CA

I HAD A HAIR TRANSPLANT!! After 1 year, I am so...

I HAD A HAIR TRANSPLANT!! After 1 year, I am so pleased with the results that I had my mom come in to meet the good doc that gave me a hairline. (which is Dr .Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles)

After a bad break-up with my ex-gf, my mom convinced me to do something for myself and get a hair transplant... (See before and after pictures). At the time, I had given up on my hair loss and my emotions were in the pits.. I thought there was no hope for me to get hair.

Anyway, I did a ton of research, learned a bit about the process and who the best in the field are at hair restoration.. I liked Dr. Mohebi's work in the field. I consulted with a couple sites/docs and finally decided to sign up for the standby list with Dr. Mohebi.

After the office had an opening, they called.. I decided to GO FOR IT.. I figured that the anticipation of physical pain (c'mon its surgery, its scary and possibly painful, right?) would get my mind off of the emotional pain of my breakup. It certainly did :-) All I cared about was myself, treating myself right, with the hope of becoming a sexier self.. I got in the right head space and ready for surgery..

After a year, doing this thing for myself, was such a wonderful experience.
It was NOT PAINFUL! (so don't be afraid of that- the doc gives you local drugs which makes you not feel anything).

Dr. Mohebi was always a pleasure to talk to, he gave me his TIME, respect, consideration, patience and concern. I can tell he is not in this for just the money, but to be amongst the best in his field. Dr Mohebi, in my opinion one of the best in his field (FYI he studied under Dr. Rassman so for anyone who is familiar you know Rassman is one of the pioneers of the hair transplant industry).

Dr. Mohebi also invented the Laxometer (allows precise measurements of scalp laxity which aids in accurate estimation of removable grafts and I think better wound closure) device and he often lectures and teaches others in the field... so you know he is on the ball.

I got a new hair stylist and after a few hair cuts I decided to tell her that I had a hair transplant done. She was so surprised-- should couldn't even tell! I had to trace her finger over the scar (which is pretty minimal for the FUT / strip procedure- again thanks Doc!). This is the sign of a good hair transplant, when your stylist can't even tell you had a procedure done :-)

Surgery day was an awesome experience... they started me out with a Valium to calm my nerves.. anesthetized local regions of my scalp so I never felt a thing.. I watched a Tyler Perry movie on the TV they had set up for me (which was kind of cool/funny because it was about a tough relationship break-up like what I was going through). Surgery lasted from about 8AM-4PM... I even slept for a few hours, a good heavy sleep, since I was also tired because I drove from Irvine to Los Angeles around 5:30AM...
I had the Dr. design my hairline (CHECK OUT PICS-- I elected a mature hairline for several reasons-- msg me if you want to know more) and I had like 3-4 extra technicians all working in the room at the same time cutting the grafts, using the stereomicroscopes, attending to me, making sure I'm okay, pain-free... they even gave me tasty ethnic food for lunch. When the surgery was over, they called a taxi for me, they paid for my nearby hotel room.. their policy is to do this so that we do not drive after the drugs/ local anesthesia (it can be considered DUI). They just take care of you throughout the whole process.. you get what you pay for.. and I paid for the best.
I chose to stay in the hotel an extra 2 nights (they paid for 1 night, I paid for an extra 2) because I wanted to pamper myself... The hotel was across from many stores and just some cool city life. I really had an awesome time.

FYI- I may do a second hair transplant for maintenance purposes in the future. The other thing I like about Dr. Mohebi is that we see eye-to-eye as far as future vision for my hair loss and hair line is concerned. He says that with the generous donor supply I have, there is no need/reason for me to go bald. So, my future transplants will probably be with Dr. Mohebi according to our plans/designs for my look. He is Amazing and I think that you really need to consider the best for such a delicate, important and life-lasting procedure.
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Dr Mohebi was friendly and attentive. After a conversation with him, you can tell he is completely looking out for your interests. He is trustworthy for such an important procedure.