27 Years Old. FUE Hair Hair Restoration (2,000+ Grafts!) - 7 Days Since Surgery - Los Angeles, CA

After fretting over my hairloss for years, I...

After fretting over my hairloss for years, I finally decided to do something about it. I had been using rogaine for 5 years and propecia for 2, but was only managing to slow my hairloss. After researching tons of Docs in the LA area, I found Dr. Rawnsley’s site. His before and after gallery sealed the deal for me due to the natural results he has been achieving for years.

I booked a consultation and was very pleased to pull up to a beautiful building, and exceptionally clean/comfortable office, and the nicest staff I had encountered at any medical facility in my life. Dr. Rawnsley took a great deal of time to answer all of my questions and explain my options. Due to my age, 27, he explained that FUE treatment would be ideal, because it wouldn’t leave any long-term scars and would allow for another treatment in a decade or more if ever necessary.

I am happy to say, I had my hair restoration surgery yesterday May 14th and it was an incredibly pleasant experience. It was all done under local anesthesia so I basically just watched movies, listened to music, and chatted with the Dr. and his wonderful staff for 5 hours while they designed my new hairline, harvested the donor hair from the back of my head and rebuilt the frontal hairline & fortified the thinning areas on my crown.

As with any hair transplant, it takes 3-6 months for the results to show and typically a year for the full result to be achieved, but I have very high hopes, because the placements and coverage that they planted are right on target with what I was looking for.

I will put out updates in 3 months, 6 months and 12 months as the new hair takes root and begins to grow. Thanks for reading!

UPDATE: 2,000+ Graft FUE w/ Dr. Rawnsley (1 Month Update)

Its been a little over a month since getting my FUE procedure and I could not be happier! It will be several more months before any of the real results start to show, but I'm feeling great. My hair actually looks and feels quite a bit fuller already even though I believe that is not typical. Not sure if I am just lucky or if Dr. Rawnsley is that good, but I was told and had read that it is common to loose more hair after the procedure and also that all of the newly implanted grafts all fall out for 3-5 months before starting to regrow. Im my case, it looks like about 30-40% of the implanted grafts actually hung in there. Not growing yet, but they make my hair look alot fuller already.

Since getting the procedure I actually started taking much better care of myself as well. I have been eating way better, doing green drinks, working out at crossfit 3x per week, and trying to improve myself all the way around. Getting HRT motivated me to look at other areas of myself that I also have control of, so I'm really going for it.

I will keep updating every few months. Thanks for reading!
Los Angeles Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Rawnsley is awesome! While his success has facilitated a very busy schedule, he took time to answer all of my questions and made himself and his staff available to me at all times. From the moment of my operation, I was given his pager number so that if ever there was an emergency I could reach him at any point. Everything has gone incredibly smoothly. Aside from a bit of itching I have been making a very speedy recovery and already feel so good knowing that I have done something proactive about my hair loss.

$14K for 2000+ grafts? Seems awfully pricey to me.
Looks great! Your hair does look very full and healthy!
Whether it’s a selfie or classic camera shot, hair can make or break your look.
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your journey with us! So far everything looks to be coming along wonderfully - look forward to you updates!!