Highest Recommendations! - Los Angeles, CA

I got my dynamic double eyelid surgery + ptosis...

I got my dynamic double eyelid surgery + ptosis repair in March 2013 by Dr. Kenneth Kim. The results are AMAZING! During the initial consultation, Dr. Kim was showing me of all these great results of dynamic incision, and I thought it was an over-dramatic advertisement too good to be true. The video of the patients he showed me had NO incision mark on the eyelids! But I've been to several plastic surgeons' office in LA and OC region, and I had a very good impression from Dr. Kim;s office, and I liked the before/after pictures I saw in his office the best, so I decided to go with Dr. Kim.
The surgery was somewhat painful. You would know what other people mean by feeling the needle. It's not pain you experience, but apparently the local anesthesia cannot numb the pulling or tugging sensation so you feel that. And it could be traumatizing for some people that they are feeling something, even though it is not pain they are experiencing. In other words, be prepared for that but don't freak out!
My eyes look amazing. I never expected that eyelid surgery can bring such dramatic change in the way I look but it does. More and more I realize the importance of the first impression or appearance, because I get treated A LOT nicely by strangers (in Korean community), which is sad but it's the reality.
If you don't want to settle for mediocre result but want the natural looking, amazing result, consult Dr. Kim! Highest recommendation for him.
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Kim is nice, very hard-working, extremely intelligent physician. I enjoy going to his office.

Does he do non asian eyes upper and lower, too?
Glad to hear you had such an awesome experience!  I would love to see some before after pics if you get a chance to share:)

Thanks for sharing.  So you are awake during the surgery and that is why you can feel the pullling?  That would totally freak me out.  Do you notice any swelling or do you feel fully recovered?  Keep us posted!

Hey Jill, yes, you can be awake for upper blephs and it is a little nerve racking to say the least.  The numbing shot hurts the most and you can feel the pressure during the incision.  The "tugging"  is from the multiple sutures placed to make the new crease so you do feel a moderate amount of that.  I just dug my nails into the armrests as hard as I could lol.  It is kind of hard to relax so it may be advisable to take a valium beforehand (check with doctor of course)!  Surgery awake is definitely not for the weak stomach patient!

Yikes!