Unhappy w/ Early Otoplasty Results – Could Swelling Be the Cause? ~3 Weeks Out. - Los Angeles, CA

Hi, I underwent this procedure about 19 days ago,...

Hi, I underwent this procedure about 19 days ago, and I am wondering if based on the attached photo you can tell me whether it is proper for my ears to be sticking out this far again? I admit that my ears are "less protruded" than prior to otoplasty, but for a surgery commonly referred to as "ear pinning" I was expecting for my ears to be, well, pinned. More than anything, I was expecting that the final result would reduce the horizontal length added to my facial appearance due to the protruding ears.

Anyways, I have experience some serious swelling following the surgery & had some bad spouts of bleeding, and I am wondering whether the swelling behind my ears can be giving it more of protruded appearance? I went to the doc for twice to ensure that no stitches or anything else abnormal happened, and he said all was good, so now I don't know how to feel about my results. Its rather disheartening because all I generally hear about is that ears actually appear farther from the head & never closer to the head as recovery continues.

Any information that you can provide me would be helpful. Thanks.

(Note: I will wait to give an actual review on the doctor so as to not comment prematurely.)

Yours look like very well proportioned ears. They don't look at all like they are protruding to me. You don't want them plastered to the side of your head, after all. I'd call yours a great, balanced result!
I think you changed your picture? The one showing now does not look like as good as result as the one before. Yes, if that's really 19 days post, I would be expecting them further back too! Are they in a better position now that time has passed? I do know my son's ears stuck out terribly after his revision otoplasty, and it was two and a half weeks until the swelling began to subside, and finally they looked good!
Bro you should be thankful that they match I had surgery 6 days ago and I look like a freak wether it's the swelling idk but both my ears don't look the same but yours looks great
I had otoplasty done 2 weeks ago and my ears are pinned back very well. I can see how you are not satisfied with your results. That is why it is so important to see before and after picture of your doctors work to make sure otoplasty is something that they are experienced at.
I searched alot for a good doctor and had to go to San Diego to find the best otoplasty surgeon. Dr. Hiliski. He did an amazing job for me and has alot of photos of his work.