Worth It for Me - Los Angeles, CA

I had the large unit on my abdomen -- targeting...

I had the large unit on my abdomen -- targeting from about 1 inch above my navel to 1.5 below. I'm 5' 8" and 123-125. Same issue everyone else has: thin but with a few bulges that appeared after I turned 30 and that only diminish when I'm ridiculously skinny. I'm turning 40 soon, and I saw a report about CoolSculpting on GMA and thought if not now never. AND, it works. Yes, the experience was pretty intense. It hurt when the unit "sucked" in my fat (I had no idea I had so much!), and when the unit came off, I thought I was going to pass out. It was AWFUL. Be prepared - though I can't tell you for what, because I can't describe the pain... maybe like a contraction? Probably as bad as few contractions but different. (Sorry men!) However, it only lasted about 10 minutes,and it wasn't bad enough for me to not want to do it again to target my lower belly. (The procedure itself was not painful, and I spent an hour reading a book on my iPad.)

But, I do have to admit that for the first week after the procedure I thought I would never do it again and was just hoping it worked. The area was bruised, sore, and swollen. I even gained three pounds which had nothing to do with my diet. It was the swelling. The surface area was numb to the touch, and actually still is, but the soreness was deeper. After a week, the swelling went down (the lbs came off), and the pain subsided greatly. After 10 days, I was pretty much back to normal. As I mentioned, the surface area of my stomach is still numb, and I imagine the feeling will return after all of those pesky fat cells give up the ghost.

It will be four weeks tomorrow, and I can definitely see a decrease in the fatty tissue. I didn't have a lot to lose, and I am already happy with the results. I would do it again for just this much success, and I am excited to go back in in a month. I will know what I am getting myself into and that will help.

I read the stories here of the shooting pains and horrible itching. I did not experience that. Definite soreness and discomfort for the week, but really, lipo would have been so much worse. I am a pain wimp, and lipo was not an option for me... I'm so happy I now have an option.

I hope this review helps someone out there. I really did a lot of research before I opted for Coolsculpting, and I used this site. So, I figured I should contribute back.

Glad to hear the 2nd session was easier for you. Please keep us updated on your latest results too. :)

Update: April 19, 2011

I had the second procedure done today, and it was much easier than the first. Two reasons: A) I knew the pain would not last long, and B) this time the dr. used the small units. Now, I wouldn't recommend the smaller units if the larger one is the right fit, but it was less painful simply because the area was smaller.

I saw very good results from the first procedure, and I am excited to see the results of this second one. Almost ready for the summer!

Again, I can not say enough good things about Dr. Persky. I am completely confident that he would give me the best advice and care for any procedure I would need/want.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience, Palmdale1153. Did you know Dr. P has also had CoolSculpting too? It's so nice to see a doctor who is willing to try new technologies on himself. :)

Los Angeles Facial Plastic Surgeon

I can not say enough good things about Dr. P and his entire office staff. He is a kind, professional, and caring physician. I would recommend him to my mother, my best friend, and my own daughter (and I'm hoping she doesn't need him). He went above and beyond to make me comfortable, to spend time, and to follow-up with me. Truly remarkable and exceptional.