Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy - Los Angeles, CA

I was diagnosed with breast cancer Dec. 20th, 2012...

I was diagnosed with breast cancer Dec. 20th, 2012. Br. Boyd came very highly recommended by my breast surgeon. I found him very kind, considerate, and extremely skilled. He performed reconstruction procedures on me (abdominoplasty with DIEP) that very few plastic surgeons in this country are skilled at. I am very happy to have such a wonderfully gifted and one of the top surgeons in this country! I am not sure of the cost because Dr. Boyd's office staff worked with the insurance company.

My recovery was in record time.  It is not however an easy surgery to recover from.  At night it is hard to find a comfortable position.  However, Dr. Boyd's staff was also extremely helpful, and helped me through it.  I was given a prescription for a surgical post mastectomy bra, and that helped a lot.  I had frequent after care visits to make sure that everything was healing well.  I am so lucky that I had such an experienced, and highly skilled surgeon.  It is a long process.  The reconstruction is not over, and will continue on for several more months.

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Boyd was highly recommended to me by my surgical oncologist. Nobody wants to have cancer. However, Dr. Boyd is always extremely considerate, answers questions until you understand, short wait times in his office, and very available for all after care. My recovery was in record time. It is not however an easy surgery to recover from. At night it is hard to find a comfortable position. However, Dr. Boyd's staff was also extremely helpful, and helped me through it. I was given a prescription for a surgical post mastectomy bra, and that helped a lot. I had frequent after care visits to make sure that everything was healing well. I am so lucky that I had such an experienced, and highly skilled surgeon. It is a long process. The reconstruction is not over, and will continue on for several more months.