Things I Wished I Knew Before Having a BA As an African American and with a Wider Chest.

1. Make sure your PS has experience with AA skin. ...

1. Make sure your PS has experience with AA skin.
A. My PS asked me about keloids not hyperpigmentation. Well I developed scaring under the breast fold 3 months later.
B. I used shea butter, cocoa butter, skin lightening with 2% hydroquinone, and bio-oil. I don't wear underwire bras. 11 months later scars are still there.
2. Ask to see pictures before/after pictures of AA patients.
A. PS was highly recommended by my non AA co-workers and the PS community.
3. Patients with a wider rib cage need more cc's than the average patient.
A. I was a 38b before my BA. 11 months later I'm a 38c
B. I have 475cc smooth round mod plus silicone in my rt breast and 500cc in the left.
C.. Wt. 180 Ht. 5'6
D. The PS nurse said, " you have enough breast tissue. You could have gone bigger."
4. Will I do it again.
A. Maybe...but, with another PS
B. Do I want the scars removed? Yes
Doctor

I have nothing bad to say about his work. I'm unhappy with my size and the scaring but, that is my fault for not doing my research better !! My breast are nice, natural looking and feeling but my BF said, they were nice before my BA.

Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf. Many women will find your advice helpful. I am also wondering if you may have been happier with not just more cc's but a different implant profile. If you haven't already, be sure to research profile shapes too before you ever do a revision. How long until you get a possible revision?

Hi Beth, I was told by my PS this profile was best for my body type because, of my chest width. I may not have a revision due to scaring. My main focus is having the scars removed.

Glad to hear your PS measured your chest width and gave you the right profile. I'll cross my fingers that you can find some other procedure to reduce the scarring.