Need a Belly Button Scar Revision After Tummy Tuck - Los Angeles, CA

My belly button is raised and scared, my cut is...

My belly button is raised and scared, my cut is bigger than what was explained or drawn on my body. There are excess skin on the ends of the tummy tuck scar. The tt scar is raise and stretched.

Does anyone have pictures of fixing their scarred belly button after a tummy tuck. i.e. scar revision, Umbilicoplasty

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

He is too concerned about his new show, The Doctors

Any one of you that has a problem with your belly button, you need to see Dr. Matthew Schulman at, http://www.drschulmanplasticsurgery.com/ in NYC. I had a Smooth Tuck, a Tummy Tuck without the muscles being touched, and my belly button is great. There is no incision on the outside and no sign of any surgery done to it. Check out his website and see the belly button, tummy tuck and smooth tuck gallery. You will be amazed, none of them have any incisions on the outside. Hope this helps.
I am back again regarding all you ladies having belly button issues. If it has been a while and your umbilicus is not to your liking, my best advice to you is to go see a board Certified Reconstructive Plastic Surgeon. They are in the business to not only enhance but to Rebuild or Reconstruct. If you have made it this far without any infections, and you would know this... mine started about 7 weeks Post Op and kept returning about every 8 weeks or so the fevers were so high that all I can remember doing is wrapping up because my teeth were chattering so bad from feeling cold but my skin would be blotched with odd red splotches that would grow into one another until my abdomen was fire engine Red. One too many times of being acutely ill, ER Doctor told me what the problem was and to get it fixed or it was going to kill me as I was getting sepsis in my blood stream and it was causing my organs to shut down. I did what he said but because I lived by myself... I needed to be up and about not laid up in bed with major surgery... The rest is history. I had been told when I had my original Abdomenalplasty in 2005 that the plastic surgeon should have poked a hole in my new tight abdomen and sewed my belly button in place but instead cut around it thus causing the infections down inside of it. I hope you guys have found answers for your tummy buttons... Keep your fingers crossed for me... I got into a Reconstructive Plastic Surgeon that just retired out of the military.. He took a look at me and said he could help me...so we are waiting to see if the letter he writes my insurance company will let him fix me.. I am down to 140 lbs...haven't seen that weight since 4th grade. I will try and sit down tomorrow and do an update on my page as to what transpired for me regarding my abdomen.... Sending you Hugs from the Pacific NW... Sunkissedcutie
I too have a bit of an issue with my belly button. I am 9 mos. PO and find that mine is starting to close. I was told I should have a zplasty but my PS said he will do a scar revision. Wonder if that will help the belly button closing. And Im sure no more inney for me, so unsure what to do, I could be scarred worst
Hi everyone... I was just following up on another comment and saw your question... I don't have an answer for you but I thought maybe if you take a look at my journey and outcome regarding A TT I had done in 2005 with Belly Button problems that lead to multiple infections, high fevers and MRSA. I was told to find someone to fix or repair it or the Infection would get in my blood and kill me... So I finally found someone that assured me, minimal pain, not real expensive, and easy fix... umm yeah.. Which is what brought me here to Real Self. I hope my experience will make you guys feel better about your belly buttons.... Hugs from the Pacific NW... Sunkissedcutie
I'm sorry. Who is your dr.? If you donot mind to tell. I will have TT but so many doctors. I afraid to find one who busy with the show like you did. I live in Los Angeles. Thanks.
Hi.. i would love to know if anyone answers you. I too had a tt in May 09 and my belly button scar in horrible and raised. I was told there is nothing to be done, it would only make it worse. I do know that when i had lazor hair removal they hit my c-setion scar a couple of times (which was not as bad but bad) and it totally helped.
Hi, did you get any luck from this question? I have the same problem, I had a beautiful innie belly button,and now although not outie it is flat on tummy with raised scar all around, why did he do that?? I m sure you can have a op that can return it to innie,But where? I had my op in oct, Im wondering if the scar can be improved further with time? Any ideas?
No replies yet, but please let me know if you hear any other information. thanks!
No sorry. Please let me know if you hear of any solutions to our problems.