Preparing for my Tummy Tuck! - Longview, TX

Well I am 25years old. I had my first daughter...

Well I am 25years old. I had my first daughter when I was 21 (2006) by emergency c-section.

Pre-pregnancy I weighed 140lbs afterwards I was at 160, it would've been more but I lost about 15lbs in the first trimester due to sickness. I had my second daughter in 2007 only 13months later. I topped out at 178 after that pregnancy which was a repeat c-section. I have a good amount of stretchmarks, but only a few above my belly button, and a flap above the c-section scar.

My hubby made a deal with me that if I could get to my pre-pregnancy weight he would buy me the tummy tuck that I have wanted for a long time. With that motivation I started dieting and exercising regularly. I jog about 3miles everday now. When I started I could barely go 3min and now I feel great after jogging for 30min. I went from 178lbs to 134lbs. I am actually thinner now than before kids. Whoo Whoo! It's super tough to stay on a diet and excercise plan though, I dread it almost everyday.

But I do love the way I look now, and after the removal of the saggy skin, which is worse since I lost 44lbs, and most of the stretchmarks, I should feel amazing about myself. My doctor has told me I will have an awesome result, since I have lost the weight and am in great physical shape. I have scheduled my surgery for August 20, so it's about 3 1/2 wks away. I am super excited and ready to see the results.

I handled the pain with the c-sections like there was none. I was up and walking the halls as soon as I woke from the anesthesia. I handle pain overall well so I don't think this will be very difficult for me in that sense. I should probably have mild pain at the most. I can't wait. NO PAIN NO GAIN!! So you won't hear me complain.

Ok I've uplodaded the pics of my weightloss now.

Ok I've uplodaded the pics of my weightloss now.

Ok so I've started taking 500mg Vitamin C...

Ok so I've started taking 500mg Vitamin C twice daily to promote healing, as recommened by my PS. I also ordered some pre and post op vitamins and supplements, wedge pillows, and ice pack. One of the supplements are suppose to help with bruising and swelling after surgery. We'll see how it works! The wedge pillows are for the support needed to take pressure of the incision site. I got one for my kness to to support circulation. I got a large size ice pack. I've been told to ice 20min on-40min off, every hour. I am going to get the silicone healing sheets within the next couple weeks. I have heard good things about them and am excited to see how they help the appearance of my scar.

Ok well my hubby and I had a talk about the...

Ok well my hubby and I had a talk about the recovery period earlier today and he is bummed out about the 3 weeks off of "physical activity". We are going to be celebrating our 5th wedding ann. soon so we are still basically newlyweds and both pretty young as I'm 25 and he's 27 so we average about 12x a week of "physical activity" time. Lol. Does anyone have any advice on the subject? Was it 3 weeks for everybody out there?? Please tell me no...

Pre-op appointment was today. It went quickly I...

Pre-op appointment was today. It went quickly I thought. I went to Dr. Hawners office to sign the consent forms and get my binder and iodine swabs. Then I head over to Longview Regional Hospital to pre-register. I filled out the paperwork, paid the $2000 hospital fee, and had blood drawn. That was it. They gave me paperwork to take home and I was outta there. Now I will be going back on Friday at 6am for surgery! I'm so excited and ready to do it!!

Well I am home now. I made it!! I am extremely...

Well I am home now. I made it!! I am extremely nausiated (excuse the spelling) but other than that I'm alright. The pain is tolerable, not too bad. I'm ready to crash, so I will update later.

Added postop 3day pics

Added postop 3day pics

Had my first postop appointment today. It went...

Had my first postop appointment today. It went good. I had my left drain take out and the guaze removed from my new bellybutton. Dr. Hawner said everything looks good and to keep doing what I'm doing. I was itching really bad and had called the office to ask about it. Racheal told me it was probably the medication and said I could take benadryl with it or switch to a different pain pill, only it would be weaker. I switched to darvocet since I'm not having much pain anyways. Problem solved.

Post op day 10. Well I have been off the pain meds...

Post op day 10. Well I have been off the pain meds for a few days now. I quit taking them after day 6. I have my second post op appointment on Wednesday the 1st. I think I will have my second drain taken out then and the stitches as well. Most of my swelling is gone now and hopefully the rest will be gone within a week or so. I will update picks when the other drain and stitches are out. I had no bm until day 7. Yikes. I was taking dulcolax and miralax two days before and everyday after surgery with no luck. Finally my husband got me exlax pills and broke them in half. I know it says not to do that on the instructions but I took two like that and the problem was solved. So if you have issues with that, and I'm sure you will, that's what you need to do. I don't have much pain, just tightness in the abdomen and muscle spasms. I guess that's a sign that they are getting back to work. I haven't been doing too much. I went to the grocery store a couple of times with my mimi to stock up on fruit and veggies and cleaned up the kitchen a few days ago. My husband has been trying to keep the house clean and look after the girls, but it's a bit difficult for him, and I get irritated with clutter. Overall everythings good and I will update after the next appointment.

4 week post op pics

4 week post op pics

I started P90X today. Day 1! Whoo whoo! Only 89...

I started P90X today. Day 1! Whoo whoo! Only 89 more to go...

I am really happy with my tt results. I'm so glad I did it! It was questionable at first, the scar seemed so high and the stretchmarks were bumpy and weird looking...you can see in the pics with the orange shirt, I think like around week 2. It was bad. But it all smoothed out and the scar seems lower now since I have really flattened out. So I am happy! Still in the gym 6days a week and maintaining my goal weight. So all is good. Can't wait to see the difference after I finsih P90X. I will upload new pics at week 4, 8, and 13 when it's all over!

Pic of tattoo outline and shading

pic of tattoo outline and shading

Yeah got my tattoo finished!! It's swollen in the...

Yeah got my tattoo finished!! It's swollen in the pic but I'll upload another when its healed.

Photo Update

Photo Update

Longview Plastic Surgeon

He did a great job on the surgery..but was pretty much non-existent after that and I'd have to wait 85min at post-op appointments to see him for 2min. I walked out at the last post-op appointment and plan to get any other procedures done with Dr. Motlagh in Tyler. The main concern of a procedure is that it turns out good and mine did so on that part he was great.

How much did your tattoo cost? I asked at a few shops but the would not give a price quote unless I was ready to buy. I wanted to wait until I was a year post op.
I think it came to around 1100 including tips at each session. And yes you feel the needle. There was only one small area in the middle where it was numb. The rest was very painful. Stretch marks are very painful to have tattooed. So make sure so serious pain is worth it to u. I have 7 other tattoos..none of which I considered painful..just a bit uncomfortable.
Could you feel the needle from the tattoo or are you still numb? I'm thinking about doing this myself.
It was very painful. There was a small area in the center that I didnt feel much but the rest was bad. If you are not good with pain you shouldnt do it.
Goodness Girl i know now that i have truly no reason to make excuses. All thats really been getting in my way is my extra flap my son left. after thats gone i defining what i never had!
Wow! You look fantastic!! I had my baby girl 4 months ago, and I'm still 30 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight! (I gained 65!! Gasp!) Starting a gym on Sunday, and regular pilates classes in February...I already have so much extra saggy skin, it's ridiculous! But due to financials and because I plan to have a second baby in two years anyway, the tummy tuck is going to have to wait at least three years! But great story, very inspirational! And the tattoo looks FANTASTIC!! I didn't think you could tattoo over scars, great to know!!!
Got the outline and shading done on my tattoo...go back for coloring in a couple weeks!
Hi Danylle, was curious, it looks like even your stretch marks took to the color? My hubby was saying that if I didn't like how my scar looked after it healed and everything then I could get a tattoo across it, but I thought my stretch marks would cause a problem. You're tat looks good too, and your pics are Amazing!! :)
Thanks!! Yeah the scar and stretchmarks are taking the ink very well. I say go for it! But it hurts like hell! This is tattoo number 8 for me and all my others weren't very painful but this one is awful. If youre not good with pain then don't even consider it. The stretchmarks hurt really bad because the skin is so thin there. Luckily I couldnt feel most of the center flower because of nerve damage but the rest was bad...and I still have two sessions left. I'm much happier with the tattoo vs the scar though! So for me, the pain is worth it.
Yea, thanks!! :) I have 2 other tats, but they are on my shoulders. I don't know if I'm actually going to do it, but that you for the info! :)
the new pictures look awesome!!
Thanks!! I'm feeling much better about it now, since I'm really flattening out.
You are looking great! I just had mine yesterday. At 4 weeks, hare you able to lift your kids?
Thanks!! Yes I am able to lift my girls. Just be careful. It just depends on how well you are healing. I am back in the gym and starting weight training again. I still have to wait till week 6 before I can start ab work though :( I'm really ready to work my abs out!
Thanks so much for your response! I am on day 3 now, slowly starting to move around. I worry about my 1 yr old and how I will do with her and all the stairs in my home. I do have hired help for 4 more weeks to care for the kids, so I hope I am well enough on my own by then. Your stomach looks fantastic and seems like the scar has lowered too from the first photos? Congratulations on having this done!! My first post op is tomorrow, I can't wait to see it.
The scar is a bit lower, just from the swelling going down. The stretch marks I have left are flattening out too. I was really worried about them because they were right under my navel and bumpy. But its all starting to turn out really good. You just have to be patient. And I know that's difficult. Yes you should be doing great by that time. I was back in the gym at week 3 doing light work on the elliptical. Week 4 feels like I'm healed, only tightness left. But it feels good. Good luck at your postop! I got a drain out at my first app so maybe you will too!
How are things going?
It's good. I go to my next post op on Wednesday and should get my second drain and stitches out then!! I'm still swollen but not as bad. Hopefully by week three it will be gone. I want to see a result so bad! I hate swelling!
Oh my I just read your update. You have three drains? Uhh I bet that really sucked! Atleast you got one out already. The garment sucks too I would hate to have to take it off everytime you have to "go". Mine is a binder that just goes around my stomach. It's way easy. They said I could buy one similar to yours or the kind that are panty brief like, but the binder seems easier so I have stuck with it. I didn't think the pain was that bad either. I was off pain meds completely day 6 and only stayed on them that long to help me sleep. I think you and I may just handle it really well. I hope you're taking laxatives daily, I wrote about that in the review update.
They said I should wear this binder for 3 weeks. I've been getting pretty quick at getting it on and off and once all the drains are gone it will be easier too. Did you have a pain pump?
Well I'm glad you're getting used to it. I'm going to Dillards to by a better one for long term, since they recommend I wear one for 12 weeks. UHHH!! No pain pump for me. I got my second drain out and stitches out today!! Yeah! Now as long as I don't get a seroma I will be doing good and just waiting for the swelling to go down and healing to finish.
Where were the stitches? Just holding the drains in and on your belly button? I just had one stitch holding each drain in and a couple on my belly button. All the rest are internal. |Doesn't it feel so much better when the drains are gone? I got my last one out today..now taking the garment on and off to go to the bathroom will be easier! I hope we both stay clear of the seroma!
They were on my belly button and the drains and I had two at the incision where stretchmarks were trying to buldge out. It is alot better without the drains! I got a waist centure from dillards and it is much better than the binder I had. I can wear the clothes I was wearing presurgery now. I'm still swollen though. Yuck. Wow you got the drains out really fast. My doctor thought I was getting mine out early because I wasn't at day 14 yet. I only had 20ml for 5days though so I got it out at day 12. I can't believe you got yours out so soon. Maybe my doctor is overly careful about seromas. So everything is good with you? Are you swollen bad?
My drains only had around 5ml per day when they came out. I am hoping I don't get any fluid build up! My stomach never felt or looked very swollen until the last drain came out. Now I feel and look super swollen, it is crazy! I hope it goes away soon. I still have some stretch marks under my belly button which sucks. He told me before surgery that they would still be there because there is no way my stomach could stretch that far to get all of them out(the ones that were above my belly are now under my belly).