Alma Pixel - Long Island, NY

After reading all the reviews on this site I was...

After reading all the reviews on this site I was terrified to have pixel, but it was actually a great experience. I was first seen by a dermatologist who recommended it and had it performed by a technician. She was amazing. Numbing cream applied for 35 minutes. During procedure I had a wand that emitted cold air that I did not even have to use for my face. Procedure about 25 minutes and tech applied numbing cream again post procedure.

During procedure really no pain, only a bit more discomfort around my lip area. My feet were raised, warming blanket underneath, and soothing music. I was sent home with verbal instructions not to put anything on my face, no aquaphor, no steroid cream, only a sample of a facial wash and soothing toner. I did take 600mg of motrin pre pixel and post when ingot home and before bedtime.

Yes, your face gets really red, about five to six hours post pixel, just like if you ever had a sunburn and it comes out hours later. I did not wash off numbing cream until the morning. Woke up with a tight forehead a litlle swollen on the top of cheeks. Really did not hurt to touch, a little blotchy, but again was told this.

I have been raised on the beach,tanning salon addict because I am not big on makeup so tanning made me feel good, but now being 44 my face shows so much without a tan I hope my results are good. It was recommended that I have a total of three and one yearly after accompanied by botox, which is a piece of cake to get done.

My second tx will be stronger and also the third stronger after that. So, do not be scared just get the numbing cream for at 30min before.

Vita spa

had second pixel, swelling and reddness more. She went closer to my eye area and i look like very puffy but no pain after one day, i hope the swelling goes down, i have two parties this week. I have been icing and taking advil for anti-inflammatory effects.

The place where I went to say don't used cold ice cuz this can damage skin. Also no advil, but Tylenol and similar medication. This does sound kind of weird to me, but the instruction they gave me states that taking anti-inflamatory medication is not the right thing to do. If u want more information email me. I had mine done today, but don't know if I can go through this 3 more time. I purchased a package deal without realized the pain level I got myself into It was 9.5. I felt like I was on fire and about to die. If this suppose to be a gentle form of laser, then I wonder if CO2 laser would be like a visit to HELL???

Hi Lezz,

Great review, you talked about all of the issues people do not realize they will experience after the peel, which is so great for the community to know. Have you had another peel since this post?

Thanks,