Mid Facelift is a Disaster - Long Island, NY

A mid facelift is a very risky procedure that can...

A mid facelift is a very risky procedure that can cause a multitude of injuries, many of them permanent. I suffered many nerve injuries and other problems. No pictures of my face were taken until just minutes before surgery by someone other than the surgeon thus there was no pre-operative preparation on the part of the surgeon. He appeared to be both rushed and nonchalant. After surgery, I did not get to see the surgeon for 3 full weeks and then when I finally did see him instead of his office personnel my concerns were either dismissed or scorned. I was left not knowing what to do and precious time was lost. There might have been a way to repair at least some of the nerve injuries and thus prevent long term effects such as facial wasting and distortion.
Hi Everyone, Nerve damage sounds like the most frightening side effect with face lifts. Does anyone know of a doctor whose patients do not get this side effect? Is it a matter of surgeon skill or luck (since they cannot see the nerves when they cut)?
I'm very sorry for what you've been through.  Hoping it gets better you.
Kelsey lee I am so sorry for your pain. As Tara Anne said there are many suffering life changing consequences from Jacono. I have heard now from several people with nerve damage. And your preop and post op care sounds like mine - none. I don't know what you can do for nerve damage but I hope you find someone to help you. To answer jts2505 Jacono doesn't go over any risks. I've asked him specifically when he took cartilage from my ear and he said none which is untrue. He is overconfident. He should go over the risks as many of his of his patients have bad outcomes. I think more often then not.
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon