So Worth It - Long Island, NY

So I read several reviews online , especially the...

So I read several reviews online , especially the reviews on this website. Had my Fraxel retore done on April 20th 2011. I have to say the results I saw was unbeliveable. I had very bad acne scars and discoloration due to acne. I have dark skin and was skeptical as to how much the scars would go away. My doctor told me I would neeed 5 sessions and would see 70% improvement.

Lets just say the results surpassed anything he said after the first session. As for the first session he did many passes on my entire face about 5. I had the numbing cream for a little over an hour. It does hurt and feels like stinging pain from a heat source. After you feel very badly sunburned for about an hour and you are also very swollen for about 3 days.

My acne scars look 80 % better, I am shocked and suprised by the results. (this was the first session)

The key to this is to have this done by a reputable doctor who uses the latest technology.

If you hav someone who does just one pass on you skin it will not be effective.

Hope this helps others especcially candidates with dark skin. So worth it. Will be going for my second in 4 weeks.

Hi Gnat,

Welcome to the Fraxel community! Yay, that's awesome everything worked out so well. You said this was only your first treatment, how many more will you have? You also provided great information for the community. We would love to see pictures when you are all healed. Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt

Did my second fraxel restore. After the 4weeks...

Did my second fraxel restore. After the 4weeks from the first one my acne scars was about 50% gone. I have too add that my doctor also recommended taking an antibiotic throught my 4 weeks just to reduce the chances of infection and break out. Works well. He also recommeneded to wash my face with cetaphil and apply a cream he recommended for post surgery. Commonly used in patients who had plastic surgery .

As I said in my other post. It all comes down to how knowledgable your doctor is and how well you take care of your skin after. My doctor also would not do Fraxel repair on me because of the high risk of hyperpigmentation in many patients. refine and restore are the safest for darker skin candidates.
Would love to see pics now that your finished Tks!!!
New York Dermatologic Surgeon