4 Years of Misery and Still No Resolution - Long Island, NY

After an extraction of my eye tooth, I had an...

After an extraction of my eye tooth, I had an implant placed along with bone grafting. It never seemed to heal completely and recurring infection (not cultured) and soreness for 2 months, it was removed. I let it heal for 6 months before trying again. The surgeon decided the problem was the adjacent tooth being loose and causing infection and he removed that as well. Another 6 months of healing and he placed 2 implants this time as well as additional bone grafting. For 5 months I let it heal but the pain and soreness never abated and I went for a second opinion. The second surgeon just said to take them out and that the 1st surgeon should have done more investigation as to why it failed originally. I went back to the 1st surgeon with theis info and 2 weeks ago, he opened it up again. The implants were solid but not fullt integrated with bone. Gum tissue had grown in instead. he removed the tissue, re-grafted, and closed witht he hope that the bone might re-grow. I still have pain and discomfort and if that doesn't go away in another month, I'll have the m reomoved for good.

Recommended by primary dentist who I like very much